Partial hydrogenation and winterization of soybean oil
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Soybean oil was hydrogenated under selective and nonselective conditions to give products with iodine values (I.V.) ranging from 85-115. The products were crystallized at 8C and examined for yield, stability, and fatty acid composition of the winterized oil. Changes in fatty acid composition, formation oftrans acids, and yield of winterized oil are approximately linear with the degree of hydrogenation. Stearine fractions, which are 15-20 I.V. units lower than winterized oil, were further crystallized in solvents to yield liquid oils and hard stearines.
- Allen, R. R., and A. A. Kiess, JAOCS83, 355–359 (1956). CrossRef
- Bailey, A. E.,Ibid. 26, 644–648 (1949). CrossRef
- Beal, R. E., and E. B. Lancaster,Ibid. 31, 619–625 (1954). CrossRef
- Durkee, M. M. (A. E. Staley Mfg. Co.), U.S. 2,353,229 (1944).
- Evans, C. D., and E. J. Panek, manuscript in preparation.
- Fisher, G. S., W. G. Bickford, and F. G. Dollear, JAOCS24, 379–382 (1947). CrossRef
- Gooding, C. M. (Best Foods, Inc.), U.S. 2,627,467 and U.S. 2,627,468 (1953).
- Handschumaker, E., S. W. Thompson, and J. E. McIntyre, Oil & Soap20, 133–134 (1943). CrossRef
- Jones, B. P., C. R. Scholfield, V. L. Davison, and H. J. Dutton, Abstract of Papers E-7, p. 28, 53rd AOCS meeting, New Orleans, 1962.
- Matill, K. F. (Swift and Co.), U.S. 2,613,215 (1952).
- Mattson, F. H., and R. A. Volpenhein, JAOCS39, 307–308 (1962). CrossRef
- Mattson, E. H., and R. A. Volpenhein, J. Lipid Res.2, 58–62 (1961).
- McOsker, D. E., F. H. Mattson, H. B. Sweringen, and A. M. Kligman, J. Am. Med. Assoc.180, 380–385 (1962).
- Mertens, W. G., L. J. Rubin, and B. F. Teasdale, JAOCS38, 286–289 (1961). CrossRef
- Moser, H. A., H. J. Dutton, C. D. Evans, and J. C. Cowan, Food Technol.4, 105–109 (1950).
- AOCS “Official and Tentative Methods.” Chicago (1961).
- Procter & Gamble Co., British 642,977 (1948).
- Scholfield, C. R., B. P. Jones, and H. J. Dutton, Anal. Chem.33, 1745–1748 (1961). CrossRef
- Shreve, O. D., M. R. Heether, H. B. Knight, and D. Swern, Anal. Chem.22, 1261–1264 (1950). CrossRef
- Sims, R. J., JAOCS29, 347–350 (1952). CrossRef
- Spadaro, J. J., N. V. Lovegren, R. O. Feuge and E. L. Patton,Ibid. 38, 461–465 (1961).
- Stingley, D. V., and R. J. Wrobel,Ibid.38, 201–205 (1961). CrossRef
- Wisniak, J., and L. F. Albright, Ind. Eng. Chem.53, 375–380 (1961). CrossRef
- Partial hydrogenation and winterization of soybean oil
Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society
Volume 41, Issue 4 , pp 260-263
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors