Urease activity in soybean meal products
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A method which uses direct titration of ammonia as a measure of urease activity was modified for use in the assay of raw and of slightly denatured soybean meal. The modifications which were adopted were the use of glutathione, a presoaking of the sample for 30 min. at 40°C., and making of the assay at 40°C. Data on the urease activity of several varieties of soybeans, and for immature and frost-damaged soybeans were determined.
- Belter, P. A., and Smith, A. K., J. Am. Oil Chemists' Soc.,29, 170–174 (1952). CrossRef
- Bird, H. R., Boucher, R. O., Caskey, C. D., Hayward, J. W., and Hunter, J. E., J. Asso., Official Agr. Chem.,30, 354–64 (1947).
- Caskey, C. D., and Knapp Frances C., Ind. Eng. Chem., Anal. Ed.,16, 640–641 (1944). CrossRef
- Croston, C. B., Smith, A. K., and Cowan, J. C., J. Am. Oil Chemists' Soc.,32, 279–282 (1955). CrossRef
- Hofstee, B. H. J., J. Gen. Physiol.,32, 339–349 (1949). CrossRef
- Klose, A. A., Hill, Barbara, and Fevold, H. L., Food Technol.,2, 1 (1948).
- Sizer, I. W., and Tytell, A. A., J. Biol. Chem.,138, 631–642 (1941).
- Smith, A. K., Belter, P. A., and Johnsen, V. L., J. Am. Oil Chemists' Soc.,29, 309–312 (1952). CrossRef
- Urease activity in soybean meal products
Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society
Volume 33, Issue 8 , pp 360-363
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors