Sensitivity of lidar equation solution to boundary values and determination of the values
- Qiu Jinhuan
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An analytical dependence of the optical depth solution to lidar equation on boundary values was confirmed. According to the dependence this paper analyzed the sensitivity of lidar equation solutions obtained by forward and backward integration algorithms to the boundary values and quantitatively expounded an error limit to the boundary values under a given inversion accuracy. Furthermore, this paper presented a method for determination of the far-end boundary value in the case of inhomcgeneous atmosphere, improving the accuracy of lidar equation solution.
- Balin, Yu. S. et al. (1986), Lidar measurements of slant visual range, Abstracts of 13th ILRC, 38-40.
- Ferguson, J. A. and Stephens, D. H. (1983), Algorithm for inverting lidar returns,Appl. Opt., 22:3673–3675.
- Fernald, F. G. (1984), Analysis of atmospheric lidar observations: some comments,Appl. Opt.,23:652.
- Hargard, A. (1986), Extinction and visibility measurements in the lower atmosphere with UV-YAG-lidar, Abstracts of 13th ILRC, 32-33.
- Kastner, M. and Quenzel H. (1986), The usefulness of Klett's inversion algorithms to simulated satellite lidar returns, Abstracts of 13th ILRC, 24-27.
- Klett, J. D. (1981), Stable analytical inversion solution for processing lidar returns,Appl. Opt.,20:211–220.
- Klett, J. D. (1985), Lidar inversion with variable backscatter/extinction ratios,Appl. Opt.,24:1638–1643. CrossRef
- Lu Daren et al. (1976), An experimental study of visibility by lidar,Scientia Atmospherica Sinica,1:55–61 (in Chinese).
- Qiu Jinhuan et al. (1987), Remote sensing and analyzing of atmospheric aerosol optical property in Beijing,Acta Meteorologica Sinica, 45:(in Chinese with English abstract).
- Spinhirne, J. D., et al. (1980), Vertical distribution of aerosol extinction cross section and inference of aerosol imaginary index in the troposphere by lidar technique,J. Appl. Meteor.,19:426–438. CrossRef
- Zhao Yanzeng et al. (1980), An experiment of slant visibility measurement by lidar,Scientia Atmospherica Sinica,4:168–175 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Sensitivity of lidar equation solution to boundary values and determination of the values
Advances in Atmospheric Sciences
Volume 5, Issue 2 , pp 229-241
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Science Press
- Additional Links
- Qiu Jinhuan (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Academia Sinica, Beijing