Wavelet sets in ℝ n
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A congruency theorem is proven for an ordered pair of groups of homeomorphisms of a metric space satisfying an abstract dilation-translation relationship. A corollary is the existence of wavelet sets, and hence of single-function wavelets, for arbitrary expansive matrix dilations on L 2 (ℝ n). Moreover, for any expansive matrix dilation, it is proven that there are sufficiently many wavelet sets to generate the Borel structure ofℝ n.
- Chui, C.K. (1992) An Introduction to Wavelets. Academic Press, New York
- Daubechies, I. (1992).Ten Lectures on Wavelets. CBMS 61, SIAM.
- Dai, X. and Larson, D., Wandering vectors for unitary systems and orthogonal wavelets,Memoirs A.M.S., to appear.
- Dai, X., Lu, S. (1996) Wavelets in subspaces. Mich. J. Math. 43: pp. 81-98 CrossRef
- Fang, X., Wang, X. (1996) Construction of minimally-supported-frequencies wavelets. J. Fourier Analysis and Applications 2: pp. 315-327
- Hernandez, E., Wang, X., Weiss, G. (1996) Smoothing minimally supported frequency (MSF) wavelets: Part I. J. Fourier Analysis and Applications 2: pp. 329-340
- Hernandez, E., Wang, X., and G. Weiss, Smoothing minimally supported frequency (MSF) wavelets: Part II.J. Fourier Analysis and Applications, to appear.
- Meyer, Y. (1992).Wavelets and Operators, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics. 37.
- Robinson, C. (1995) Dynamical Systems. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL
- Speegle, D., Thes-elementary wavelets are connected, preprint.
- Wavelet sets in ℝ n
Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications
Volume 3, Issue 4 , pp 451-456
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors