The effect of surface configuration on grain boundary sliding
- Terence G. Langdon
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In studies of grain boundary sliding during creep, it is necessary to distinguish between the strain due to sliding in the bulk of the specimen and the strain occurring at the surface. In general, these quantities are not the same, although the difference depends on the configuration of the surface grains. Methods are suggested for estimating the internal sliding from surface measurements, and an analysis is made of detailed results published for α iron.
- R. L. Bell and T. G. Langdon:Interfaces Conference, R. C. Gifkins, ed., pp. 115–37, Butterworths, Sydney, 1969.
- R. L. Bell, C. Graeme-Barber, and T. G. Langdon:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1967, vol. 239, pp. 1821–24.
- V. Sklenicka and J. Cadek:Z. Metallk., 1970, vol. 61, pp. 575–79.
- R. L. Bell and T. G. Langdon:J. Mater. Sci., 1967,vol. 2,pp. 313–23. CrossRef
- R. L. Bell and C. Graeme-Barber:J. Mater. Sci., 1970, vol. 5, pp. 933–44. CrossRef
- A. Gittins and R. C. Gifkins:Met. Sci. J., 1967, vol. 1, pp. 15–18.
- R. C. Gifkins, A. Gittins, R. L. Bell, and T. G. Langdon:J. Mater. Sci., 1968, vol. 3, pp. 306–13. CrossRef
- T. G. Langdon:Phil. Mag., 1970, vol. 22, pp. 689–700.
- T. G. Langdon and R. L. Bell:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1968, vol. 242, pp. 2479–84.
- Y. Ishida, A. W. Mullendore, and N. J. Grant:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1965, vol. 233, pp. 204–12.
- R. L. Bell, C. Graeme-Barber, and T. G. Langdon:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1965, vol. 233, pp. 1648–49.
- R. A. Scriven and H. D. Williams:Trans. TMS-AIME, 1965, vol. 233, pp. 1593–1602.
- The effect of surface configuration on grain boundary sliding
Volume 3, Issue 4 , pp 797-801
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Materials Science and Mechanical Engineering, Department of Materials Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif