Thermal properties of fats and oils
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Heat capacities of the α- and β-forms of trimyristin, tripalmitin, and tristearin, and the β-form of trilaurin were measured. The heats of fusion of the β-forms of these four compounds were determined.
The heats of fusion of the α-forms of trimyristin, tripalmitin, and tristearin were calculated from heat content data. Calculations were also made of the heats of transition, α- to β-form.
The molal entropy at 298.16° K. was calculated for the β-form of each compound.
- Oliver, G. D., Singleton, W. S., Todd, S. S., Bailey, A. E. (1944) Oil & Soap 21: pp. 297-300 CrossRef
- Oliver, G. D., Bailey, A. E. (1945) Oil & Soap 22: pp. 39-41 CrossRef
- Lutton, E. S. (1945) J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 67: pp. 524-527 CrossRef
- Bailey, A. E., Jefferson, M. E., Kreeger, Florence B., Bauer, S. T. (1945) Oil & Soap 22: pp. 10-13 CrossRef
- Clarkson, C. E., and Malkin, T., J. Chem. Soc.,1934, 666–671.
- Bailey, A. E., Todd, S. S., Singleton, W. S., Oliver, G. D. (1944) Oil & Soap 21: pp. 293-297 CrossRef
- Bailey, A. E., Singleton, W. S. (1945) Oil & Soap 22: pp. 265-271 CrossRef
- Rao, M. M. R., Jatkar, S. K. K. (1935) J. Indian Chem. Soc. 12: pp. 574-581
- Kelley, K. K., Parks, G. S., Huffman, H. M. (1929) J. Phys. Chem. 33: pp. 1802-1805 CrossRef
- Parks, G. S., and Huffman, H. M., private communication to the authors.
- Thermal properties of fats and oils
Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society
Volume 24, Issue 5 , pp 140-142
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors