Proportionality, causation, and exclusion
- Thomas D. Bontly
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Armstrong, D. (1997).A World of States of Affairs. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Bontly, T. (2002). “The Supervenience Argument Generalizes).”Philosophical Studies 109: 75–96. CrossRef
- Bontly, T. (in press). “Modified Occam's Razor: Parsimony, Pragmatics, and the Acquisition of Word Meaning.” Forthcoming inMind and Language.
- Dretske, F. (1988).Explaining Behavior: Reasons in a World of Causes. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Fales, E. (1990).Causation and Universals. London and New York: Routledge.
- Grice, P. (1975). “Logic and Conversation.” In P. Cole and J. Morgan (eds.),Syntax and Semantics, vol. 3: Speech Acts. (New York: Academic Press): 41–58.
- Grice, P. (1978). “Further Notes on Logic and Conversation.” In P. Cole (ed.),Syntax and Semantics, vol. 9: Pragmatics. (New York: Academic Press): 113–128.
- Kim, J. (1989). “The Myth of Nonreductive Materialism.”Proceedings and Addresses of the American Philosophical Association 63: 31–47. CrossRef
- Kim, J. (1993). “Postscripts on Mental Causation.” InSupervenience and Mind: Selected Philosophical Essays., Cambridge: Cambridge University Press): 358–367.
- Kim, J. (1998).Mind in a Physical World. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Lewis, D. (1983). “New Work for a Theory of Universals.”The Australasian Journal of Philosophy 61: 343–377. CrossRef
- Lewis, D. (1986). “Postscripts to ‘Causation’”. InPhilosophical Papers, vol. II. (Oxford: Oxford University Press): 172–213.
- Millikan, R. (1984).Language, Thought, and Other Biological Categories. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Papineau, D. (2001). “The Rise of Physicalism.”, In C. Gillett and B. Loewer (eds.),Physicalism and Its Discontents. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press): 3–36.
- Sadock, J. (1978). “On Testing for Conversational Implicature.” In P. Cole (ed.),Syntax and Semantics, vol. 9: Pragmatics. New York: Academic Press): 281–297.
- Stampe, D. (1977). “Towards a Causal Theory of Linguistic Representation.” In P. French, T. Uehling, and H. Wettstein (eds.),Midwest Studies in Philosophy 2. (Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press): 42–63.
- Yablo, S. (1992). “Mental Causation.”The Philosophical Review 101: 245–280. CrossRef
- Yablo, S. (1997). “Wide Causation.” In J. Tomberlin (ed.),Philosophical Perspectives, vol. 11, Mind, Causation, and World. (Malden, MA: Blackwell PUblishers Inc.): 251–281.
- Proportionality, causation, and exclusion
Volume 32, Issue 1-4 , pp 331-348
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Thomas D. Bontly (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of connecticut, 06269-2054, Storrs, CT, USA