Compound gamma, beta and F distributions
- Satya D. Dubey
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper a compound gamma distribution has been derived by compounding a gamma distribution with another gamma distribution. The resulting compound gamma distribution has been reduced to the Beta distributions of the first kind and the second kind and to theF distribution by suitable transformations. This includes theLomax distribution as a special case which enjoys a useful property. Moment estimators for two of its parameters are explicitly obtained, which tend to a bivariate normal distribution. The paper contains expressions for a bivariate probability density function, its conditional expectation, conditional variance and the product moment correlation coefficient. Finally, all the parameters of the compound gamma distribution are explicitly expressed in terms of the functions of the moments of the functions of random variables in two different ways.
- Dubey, S. D.: Characterization Theorems for Several Distributions and their Applications. Journal of the Industrial Mathematics Society,16, 1966a, Part 1, 1–22.
- —— Transformations for Estimation of Parameters. Journal of the Indian Statistical Association,4, 1966b, Nos. 3 and 4, 109–124.
- Lomax, K. S.: Business failures: another example of the analysis of failure data. Jour. Amer. Stat. Assoc.,49, 1954, 847–852. CrossRef
- Compound gamma, beta and F distributions
Volume 16, Issue 1 , pp 27-31
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Satya D. Dubey (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. New York University, 10453, New York, N. Y., U.S.A.