Selective hydrogenation of soybean oil: V. A Novel copper catalyst with excellent re-use properties
- Sambasivarao Koritala
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A procedure for the preparation of highly active copper catalyst by chemisorption of copper-ammonia complex on silica gel is described. This catalyst was highly selective towards the reduction of linolenate in soybean oil. The catalyst was re-used four times with no loss in activity.
- Smith, G. W., and L. H. Reyerson, J. Am. Chem. Soc.52, 2584–2585 (1930). CrossRef
- Kolthoff, I. M., and V. A. Stenger, J. Phys. Chem.36, 2113–2126 (1932). CrossRef
- Kolthoff, I. M., and V. A. Stenger, Ibid.38, 475–486 (1934). CrossRef
- Mulaskey, B. F.(Chevron Research Company, San Francisco, Calif.) U.S. 3,328,316 (1967).
- Koritala, S., JAOCS45, 197–200 (1968). CrossRef
- Koritala, S., and H. J. Dutton, Ibid.43, 556–558 (1966).
- Selective hydrogenation of soybean oil: V. A Novel copper catalyst with excellent re-use properties
Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society
Volume 47, Issue 3 , pp 106-107
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Northern Regional Research Laboratory, No. Utiliz. Res. Dev. Div. ARS, USDA, 61604, Peoria, Illinois