Find out how to access preview-only content
Evaluating decision aids
- Thomas H. Lee MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Goldman L, Cook EF, Brand DA, et al. A computer protocol to predict myocardial infarction in emergency department patients with chest pain. N Engl J Med. 1988;318:797–803. CrossRef
- Pozen MW, D’Agostino RB, Selker HP, Sytkowshi PA, Hood WB Jr. A predictive instrument to improve coronary-care-unit admission practices in acute ischemic heart disease: a prospective multicenter clinical trial. N Engl J Med. 1984;310:1273–8. CrossRef
- Brush JE, Brand DA, Acampora D, Chalmer B, Wackers FJ. Use of the initial electrocardiogram to predict in-hospital complications of acute myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med. 1985;312:1137–41. CrossRef
- Goldman L, Cook EF, Lee TH, Rouan GW, Weisberg MC. Prospective validation of a simple algorithm to predict complications requiring intensive care among emergency room patients with acute chest pain. Clin Res. [abstr] 1989;37:524A.
- Lee TH, Rouan G, Weisberg M, et al. Sensitivity of routine clinical criteria for diagnosing myocardial infarction within 24 hours of hospitalization. Ann Intern Med. 1987;106:181–6.
- Mulley AG, Thibault GE, Hughes RA, Barnett GO, Reder VA, Sherman EL. The course of patients with suspected myocardial infarction: the identification of low-risk patients for early transfer from intensive care. N Engl J Med. 1980;302:943–8. CrossRef
- Wasson JH, Sox HC, Neff RK, Goldman L. Clinical prediction rules. Applications and methodological standards. N Engl J Med. 1985;313:793–9. CrossRef
- Lee TH, Rouan G, Weisberg MC, et al. Clinical characteristics and natural history of patients with acute myocardial infarction sent home from the emergency room. Am J Cardiol. 1987;60:219–24. CrossRef
- Tierney WM, Roth BJ, Psaty B, et al. Predictors of myocardial infarction in emergency room patients. Crit Care Med. 1985;13:526–31. CrossRef
- White LD, Lee TH, Cook EF, et al. Comparison of the natural history of new onset and exacerbated chronic ischemic heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1990;16:304–10. CrossRef
- Corey GA, Merenstein JH. Applying the acute ischemic heart disease predictive instrument. J Fam Pract. 1987;25:127–33.
- Davison G, Suchman AL, Goldstein BJ. Reducing unnecessary coronary care unit admissions: a comparison of three decision aids. J Gen Intern Med. 1990;5:474–9.
- Fineberg HV, Scadden D, Goldman L. Care of patients with a low probability of acute myocardial infarction. Cost effectiveness of alternatives to coronary-care unit admission. N Engl J Med. 1984;310:1301–7. CrossRef
- Evaluating decision aids
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 5, Issue 6 , pp 528-529
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Thomas H. Lee MD (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Divisions of Clinical Epidemiology and General Medicine and the Cardiovascular Division, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 02115, Boston, MA