Find out how to access preview-only content
Physician education, evidence and the coming of age of CME
- Dave Davis MD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Gifford DR, Mittman BS, Fink A, Lanto AB, Lee ML, Vickrey BG. Can a specialty society educate its member to think differently about clinical decisions? Results of a randomized trial. J Gen Intern Med. 1996;11:664–72.
- Rogers EM. Diffusion of Innovations. New York, NY: The Free Press. 1995.
- Fox RD, Mazmanian PE, Putnam RW. Changing and Learning in the Lives of Physicians. New York, NY: Praeger Publications. 1989.
- Lau J, Antman EM, Jimenez-Silva J, Kupelnick B, Mosteller F, Chalmers TC. Cumulative meta-analysis of therapeutic trials for myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med. 1992;327:248–54. CrossRef
- Bertram DA, Brooks-Bertram PA. The evaluation of continuing medical education: a literature review. Health Education Monographs. 1977;54:330–62.
- Oxman AD, Thomson MA, Davis DA, Haynes RB. No magic bullets: a systematic review of 102 trials of interventions to improve professional practice. Can Med Assoc J. 1995;153:1423–31.
- Chambers L, Davis DA, Dok C, et al. The impact of CME. Mobius. 1986;6:59–62.
- Davis D, Thomson MA, Oxman AD, Haynes RB. Changing physician performance: a systematic review of the effect of continuing medical education strategies. JAMA. 1995;274:9:700–5. CrossRef
- Taylor-Vaisey AL. Information needs of CME providers: Research and Development Resource Base in Continuing Medical Education. J Contin Educ Health Prof. 1995;15:2:117–21.
- Physician education, evidence and the coming of age of CME
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 11, Issue 11 , pp 705-706
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Dave Davis MD (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Office of Continuing Education Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada