Leadership and management training
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Received from the Harvard Community Health Plan; the Division of Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School; and the Department of Health Policy and Management, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts.
Presented in part at the annual meeting of the Society of General Internal Medicine, Seattle, Washington, April 30–May 2, 1991.
Supported in part by the Harvard Community Health Plan Foundation, Inc.
- Greenlick MR. Educating physicians for population-based clinical practice. JAMA. 1992;267:1645–8. CrossRef
- White KL. The Task of Medicine: Dialogue at Wickenburg. Menlo Park, CA: Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, 1988.
- Stoeckle JD, Reiser SJ. The corporate organization of hospital work: balancing professional and administrative responsibilities. Ann Intern Med. 1992;116:407–13.
- Duncan W. Great Ideas in Management. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1989.
- Sashkin M. Managing Conflict Constructively. King of Prussia, PA: Organization Design and Development, 1985.
- Blanchard K. Situational Leadership II: A Situational Approach to Managing People. Escondido, CA: Blanchard Training and Development, 1989.
- Burke W. Organization Development: Principles and Practices. Boston: Little, Brown, 1982.
- Macdonald C. Performance Based Supervisory Development. Amherst, MA: Human Resource Development Press, 1982.
- Sashkin M. The Visionary Leader: Leader Behavior Questionnaire, 3rd edition. King of Prussia, PA: Organization Design and Development, 1990.
- Blanchard K, Hambleton R, Zigarmi D, Forsyth D. Leader Behavior Analysis II. Escondido, CA: Blanchard Training and Development, 1991.
- Montana P, Charnov B. Management. Barron’s Business Review Series. Hauppage, NY: Barron’s Educational Series, Inc., 1987.
- Tuckman B. Developmental sequence in small groups. Psychol Bull. 1965;63:384–99. CrossRef
- Moosbruker J. Developing a productivity team: making groups at work work. In: Ruddy B, Jamison K (eds). Teambuilding: Blueprint for Productivity and Satisfaction. San Diego: University Associates, 1988.
- Carew D, Parisi-Carew E, Blanchard K. Group Development and Situational Leadership: A Model for Managing Groups. Escondido, CA: Blanchard Training and Development, 1984.
- Thomas K, Kilmann R. Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument. Tuxedo, NY: Xicom, 1974.
- Schein E. Process Consultation: Its Role in Organization Development. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1988.
- Hersey P, Blanchard K. Management of Organizational Behavior, Utilizing Human Resources, 5th Edition. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1988.
- Interactive Skills. Pittsburgh, PA: Development Dimensions International, 1986.
- Daughtry A, Ricks B. Contemporary Supervision. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1989.
- Macdonald C The Productive Supervisor: Delegating Skills. Amherst, MA: Human Resource Development Press, 1985.
- Berwick D. Continuous improvement as an ideal in healthcare. N Engl J Med. 1989;320:53–6. CrossRef
- Laffel G, Blumenthal D. The case for using industrial quality management science in health care organizations. JAMA. 1989;262:2869–73. CrossRef
- Improving Healthcare Quality: A Comprehensive Introduction. Seminar offered by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 1 Exeter Place, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02116.
- Dyer W. Team Building, 2nd ed. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1987.
- Scholtes P. The Team Handbook: How to Use Teams to Improve Quality. Madison, WI: Joiner Associates, 1988.
- Reddy B, Jamison K (eds). Teambuilding: Blueprint for Productivity and Satisfaction. San Diego: University Associates, 1988.
- Bradford D, Cohen A. Managing for Excellence. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1984.
- Schein E. Organizational Culture and Leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987.
- Starr P. The Social Transformation of American Medicine. New York: Basic Books, 1984.
- Leadership and management training
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 4 , pp 227-231
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors