Find out how to access preview-only content
Medical education and theory-driven research
- Martha S. Gerrity MD, PhD
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Williams GC, Wiener MW, Markakis KM, et al. Medical students’ motivation for internal medicine. J Gen Intern Med. 1994;9:327–33.
- Deci EL, Ryan RM. Intrinsic Motivation and Self-Determination in Human Behavior. New York: Plenum, 1985.
- Bollen KA. Structural Equations with Latent Variables. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1989.
- Suppes P. The place of theory in educational research. Educ Res. 1974;3:3–10.
- McMurray JE, Schwartz MD, Genero H, Linzer M, and the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Interest Group on Career Choice in Internal Medicine. Medical student interest in internal medicine. The attractiveness of internal medicine: a qualitative analysis of the experiences of female and male medical students. Ann Intern Med. 1993;119:812–8.
- Schwartz MD, Linzer M, Babbott D, Divine GW, Broadhead E, and the Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) Interest Group on Career Choice in Internal Medicine. Medical student interest in internal medicine. Initial report of the Society of General Internal Medicine Interest Group survey on factors influencing career choice in internal medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1991;114:6–15.
- Babbott D, Levey GS, Weaver SO, Killian CD. Medical student attitudes about internal medicine: a study of U.S. medical school seniors in 1988, Ann Intern Med. 1991;114:16–22.
- Simmonds AC, Robbins JM, Brinker MR, Rice JC, Kerstein MD. Factors important to students in selecting a residency program. Acad Med. 1990;65:640–3. CrossRef
- Taggart MP, Wartman SA, Wessen AF. An analysis of medical students’ residency and specialty choices. Soc Sci Med. 1987;25:1063–8. CrossRef
- Lieu TA, Schroeder SA, Altman DF. Specialty choices at one medical school: recent trends and analysis of predictive factors. Acad Med. 1989;64:722–9. CrossRef
- Flynn TC, Gerrity MS, Berkowitz LR. What do applicants look for when selecting internal medicine residency programs? A comparison of rating scale and open-ended responses. J Gen Intern Med. 1993;8:249–54.
- Skeff KM. Enhancing teaching effectiveness and vitality in the ambulatory setting. J Gen Intern Med. 1988;3(M/A suppl):S26-S33.
- Medical education and theory-driven research
Journal of General Internal Medicine
Volume 9, Issue 6 , pp 354-355
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Oregon Health Sciences University, 97202-3098, Portland, OR