Estimation of the variance for a controlled branching process
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we obtain estimators for the variance of the offspring distribution of a controlled branching process and we derive, for these estimators, some moments and asymptotic properties as consistency and limiting distribution.
- Bagley, J. H. (1986). On the almost sure convergence of controlled branching processes.Journal of Applied Probability, 23:827–831. CrossRef
- Chow, Y. S. andTeicher, H. (1997).Probability Theory: Independence, Interchangeability, Martingales. Springer-Verlag, New York, 3rd ed.
- Dion, J. P. andEssebbar, B. (1995). On the statistics of controlled branching processes.Lecture Notes in Statistics, 99:14–21.
- González, M., Martínez, R., anddel Puerto, I. (2004). Nonparametric estimation of the offspring distribution and the mean for a controlled branching process.Test., 13(2):465–479. CrossRef
- González, M., Molina, M., anddel Puerto, I. (2002). On the class of controlled branching processes with random control functions.Journal of Applied Probability, 39:804–815. CrossRef
- González, M., Molina, M., anddel Puerto, I. (2003). On the geometric growth in controlled branching processes with random control function.Journal of Applied Probability, 40:995–1006. CrossRef
- Guttorp, P. (1991)Statistical Inference for Branching Processes. John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York.
- Hall, P. andHeyde, C. C. (1980).Martingale Limit Theory and its Applications. Academic Press Inc., New York.
- Molina, M., González, M., andMota, M. (1998). Some theoretical results about superadditive controlled Galton-Watson branching processes. In M. Huskova, P. Lachout, and J. A. Visek, eds.,Proceedings of Prague Stochastic'98, vol. 1, pp. 413–418. Union of Czech Mathematicians and Physicist.
- Sevast'yanov, B. A. andZubkov, A. M. (1974). Controlled branching processes.Theory of Probability and its Applications, 19:14–24. CrossRef
- Yanev, N. M. (1975). Conditions for degeneracy of ϕ-branching processes with random ϕ.Theory of Probability and its Applications, 20:421–428. CrossRef
- Zubkov, A. M. (1974). Analogies between Galton-Watson processes and ϕ-branching processes.Theory of Probability and its Applications, 19:309–331. CrossRef
- Estimation of the variance for a controlled branching process
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 199-213
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Branching processes
- method of moment estimators
- maximum likelihood estimators
- asymptotic behaviour
- Industry Sectors