Local properties of gaussian random fields on compact symmetric spaces and theorems of the Jackson-Bernstein type
- A. A. Malyarenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We consider local properties of smaple functions of Gaussian isotropic random fields on compact Riemannian symmetric spacesM of rank 1. We give conditions under which the sample functions of a field almost surely possess logarithmic and power modulus of continuity. As a corollary, we prove a theorem of the Bernstein type for optimal approximations of functions of this sort by harmonic polynomials in the metric of the spaceL 2(M). We use theorems of the Jackson-Bernstein-type to obtain sufficient conditions for the sample functions of a field to almost surely belong to the classes of functions associated with the Riesz and Cesàro means.
- S. Helgason,Differential Geometry and Symmetric Spaces, Academic Press, New York (1962).
- R. Askey,Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions, Soc. Industr. and Appl. Math., Philadelphia (1975).
- M. I. Yadrenko,Spectral Theory of Random Fields [in Russian], Vyshcha Shkola, Kiev (1980).
- M. A. Lifshits,Gaussian Random Functions [in Russian], TViMS, Kiev (1995).
- L. Li, “Riesz means on compact Riemannian symmetric spaces,”Math. Nachr.,168, 227–242 (1994). CrossRef
- R. Askey and R. H. Bingham, “Gaussian processes on compact symmetric spaces.Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheor. verw. Geb.,37, 127–143 (1976). CrossRef
- N. Ya. Vilenkin,Special Functions and the Theory of Group Representations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1991).
- D. P. Zhelobenko,Compact Lie Groups and Their Representations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).
- R. Gangolli, “Positive-definite functions on certain homogeneous spaces, and certain stochastic processes related to Levy's Brownian motion of several parameters,”Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré B,3, 121–226 (1967).
- A. M. Yaglom, “Second-order homogeneous random fields,” in:Proc. 4th Berkeley Symp. Math. Statist. and Probab., Vol. 2 (1960), pp. 593–622.
- G. Szegö,Orthogonal Polynomials, American Mathematical Society, New York (1959).
- Local properties of gaussian random fields on compact symmetric spaces and theorems of the Jackson-Bernstein type
Ukrainian Mathematical Journal
Volume 51, Issue 1 , pp 66-75
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links