The chromatic number of the product of two ℵ1-chromatic graphs can be countable
- A. Hajnal
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We prove (in ZFC) that for every infinite cardinal ϰ there are two graphsG 0,G 1 with χ(G 0)=χ(G 1)=ϰ+ and χ(G 0×G 1)=ϰ. We also prove a result from the other direction. If χ(G 0)≧≧ℵ0 and χ(G 1)=k<ω, then χ(G 0×G 1)=k.
- M. El-Zahar, N. Sauer, The chromatic number of the product of two 4-chromatic graphs is 4.Combinatorica,5 (1985).
- S. T. Hedetniemi, Homomorphisms of graphs and automata,Univ. of Michigan Technical Report 03 105-44-T, 1966.
- Todorčević, S. (1981) Stationary sets, Trees and Continuums. Publ. Inst. Math. (Beograd) 27: pp. 249-262
- The chromatic number of the product of two ℵ1-chromatic graphs can be countable
Volume 5, Issue 2 , pp 137-139
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- 05 C 15
- 04 A 05
- 04 A 10
- 04 A 20
- Industry Sectors
- A. Hajnal (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The Mathematical Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, P.O.B. 127, H-1364, Budapest, Hungary