Infinite distance transitive graphs of finite valency
- H. D. Macpherson
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We determine all infinite distance transitive graphs of finite valency, thereby proving a conjecture of C. D. Godsil. The proof makes heavy use of a theorem of M. J. Dunwoody concerning cuts of infinite graphs. In section 1 there is a rough analysis of the appearance of such graphs, and in section 2 we state and apply Dunwoody’s theorem. The proof is completed in section 3.
- N. L. Biggs,Algebraic graph theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, (1974).
- M. J. Dunwoody, Cutting up graphs,Combinatorica 2 (1) (1982), 15–23.
- Infinite distance transitive graphs of finite valency
Volume 2, Issue 1 , pp 63-69
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- 05 C 25
- Industry Sectors
- H. D. Macpherson (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Merton College, OX1 4JD, Oxford, England