Vibrational spectra and stereochemistry of mono- and polysaccharides
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A comparative study of the IR and Raman spectra of D-glucose anomers is reported. The spectra were found to differ between the anomers, despite the absence of symmetry elements in the anomer molecules. The results of theoretical calculations are systematized; it was found that the skeletal CiOi or CiO(i+1) (i=1, 2, 3, 4, 5) bond is characterized by a specific set of frequencies of normal vibrations, which have predominant contributions from the vibrations of atomic groups involving these bonds to the potential energy distribution (PED). The frequencies of normal vibrations with the major contribution to PED from CO and CC bonds are well separated and differ between the D-glucose anomers. The C5C6 bond has the greatest number of normal vibrations with predominant contributions to PED. Model calculations of vibrational spectra are reported for D-glucose anomers with modified (β→α and α→β) conformations of the CH2OH group.
- R. G. Zhbankov,Infrared Spectra of Cellulose and Its Derivatives, Consultants Bureau, New York (1966).
- R. G. Zhbankov,Infrared Spectra and the Structure of Carbohydrates [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1972).
- R. G. Zhbankov, R. Marupov, N. V. Ivanova, et al.,Spectroscopy of Cotton [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).
- R. G. Zhbankov and P. V. Kozlov,Physics of Cellulose and Its Derivatives [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1983).
- V. P. Panov and R. G. Zhbankov,Intra- and Intermolecular Interactions in Carbohydrates [in Russian], Nauka i Tekhnika, Minsk (1988).
- V. M. Andrianov, R. G. Zhbankov, and V. G. Dashevskii,Zh. Strukt. Khim.,21, No. 1, 35–41 (1980).
- V. G. Dashevskii, ——ibid.,11, 912–917 (1970).
- S. S. C. Chu and G. A. Jeffrey,Acta Crystallogr.,B24, 830–838 (1968).
- G. M. Brown and H. A. Levy, ——ibid.,B35, 656–659 (1979).
- Vibrational spectra and stereochemistry of mono- and polysaccharides
Journal of Structural Chemistry
Volume 36, Issue 2 , pp 287-294
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors