Free groups and semigroups in βN
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Communicated by Karl H. Hofmann
This author gratefully acknowledges support from the National Science Foundation via grant MCS 81-00733.
An original version of this paper by the first author was received on September 14, 1982.
- Baker, J, Milnes, P. (1977) The ideal structure of the Stone-Čech compactification of a group. Math. Proc. Cambridge Phil. Soc. 82: pp. 401-409
- Berglund, J. and N. Hindman,Filters and the weak almost periodic compactification of a discrete semigroup, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- Berglund, J., Junghenn, H., Milnes, P. (1978) Compact right topological semigroups and generalizations of almost periodicity. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York
- Brown, G., Moran, W. (1972) The idempotent semigroups of compact monothetic semigroups. Proc. Roy. Irish Acad., Sect A 72: pp. 17-33
- Chou, C. (1969) On the size of the set of left invariant means on a semigroup. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 23: pp. 199-205 CrossRef
- Ellis, R. (1969) Lectures on Topological Dynamics. Benjamin, New York
- Gillman, L., Jerison, M. (1960) Rings of continuous functions. von Nostrand, Princeton
- Hewitt, E., Ross, K. (1979) Abstract harmonic analysis. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York
- Milnes, P. (1973) Compactifications of topological semigroups. J. Australian Math. Soc. 15: pp. 488-503 CrossRef
- Tarski, A. (1928) Sur la décomposition des ensembles en sousensembles presque disjoints. Fund. Math. 12: pp. 188-205
- Free groups and semigroups in βN
Volume 30, Issue 1 , pp 177-193
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links