Use of ferric chloride to decolorize cottonseed oil
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Cottonseed miscella was treated with FeCl3 to form an iron-gossypol complex. The treated miscella was then extracted with alkaline water. The supernatant lipid filtered through bleaching clay produced an oil containing virtually no light-absorbing color bodies and a product that compared favorably, colorwise, with commercial oil.
- Borsochev, S. T., A. B. Belova, I. P. Bogolyubova, V. I. Vlasov, Ya A. Koneva, V. P. Rzhekhin, G. V. Rozenshtein, G. T. Tadzhibaev and U. I. Tros’ko, U.S.S.R. 141,570, Oct. 16, 1961, Chem. Abst.56, 11735d (1962).
- Rao, P. L. N., K. T. Achaya and S. H. Zaheer, Indian Oilseed J.6, 180–4 (1962); Chem. Abst.57, 16773d (1962).
- Meister, I., and P. Nanasi, Hung. 151,055, Dec. 1963; Chem. Abst.60, 9492f (1964).
- Pons, W. A., Jr., J. C. Kuch and V. L. Frampton, JAOCS38, 104–107 (1961).
- Singleton, W. S., M. L. Brown and H. J. Zeringue, Ibid.43, 592–595 (1966).
- Pons, W. A., Jr., J. C. Kuck, and V. L. Frampton, Ibid.40, 10–13 (1963).
- Muzaffaruddin, M., and E. R. Saxens, Ibid.43, 429–430 (1966).
- Boatner, C. H., in “Cottonseed and Cottonseed Products, Their Chemistry and Chemical Technology,” Edited by A. E. Bailey, 1948, p. 213–363.
- King, W. H., J. C. Kuch and V. L. Frampton, JAOCS38, 19–21 (1961).
- AOCS Official and Tentative Methods, 1964 Revised.
- Use of ferric chloride to decolorize cottonseed oil
Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society
Volume 47, Issue 2 , pp 73-74
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors