Non-stereospecific oxidation of DL-3-methylheptane by aPseudomonas
- J. W. HeringaAffiliated withKoninklijke/Shell-LaboratoriumShell Internationale Research Maatschappij N.V.
- , A. C. van der LindenAffiliated withKoninklijke/Shell-LaboratoriumShell Internationale Research Maatschappij N.V.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Stereospecificity of microbiological alkane oxidation was investigated by studying the oxidation of DL-3-methylheptane byPseudomonas cells. It was found that the D- and L-isomer are oxidized at the same rate. The conclusion that 3-methylheptane oxidation is non-stereospecific applies also to 3-methylhexane, but cannot safely be generalized to include other alkanes (and micro-organisms) as well.
- Non-stereospecific oxidation of DL-3-methylheptane by aPseudomonas
Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
Volume 28, Issue 1 , pp 411-416
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors