The computation of long geodesics on the ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature
- Tsutomu Saito
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Formulas for computing geodesics on the bi-axial ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature are shown; the estimation of computational errors, truncation and roundoff errors, for the quadrature is carried out; and test examples found in  together with those which consist of near anti-podal points on the neighborhood of the equator, are computed with the evaluation of the computational errors.
- Saito, T. (1970) The Computation of Long Geodesics on the Ellipsoid by Non-Series Expanding Procedure. Bulletin Géodésique 98: pp. 341-374 CrossRef
- P.J. DAVIS and P. RABINOWITZ:Methods of Numerical Integration, Academic Press, 1975.
- R.H. RAPP:Geometric Geodesy, Vol. II (Advanced Technique), 1975, The Ohio State University.
- Rainsford, H.F. (1955) Long Geodesics on the Ellipsoid. Bulletin Géodésique 37: pp. 12-21 CrossRef
- J. YAMANOUCHIet al,: Numerical Calculus for Computers III, (in Japanese), Baifukan Tokyo, pp. 279–301, 1971.
- T. VINCENTY:Direct and inverse Solutions of Geodesics with the Application of Nested Equations, Survey Review No. 176, 1975 and his letters to the author.
- S.D. CONTE:Elementary Numerical Analysis, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1965, p. 84. p. 19, and p. 25.
- The computation of long geodesics on the ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature
Volume 53, Issue 2 , pp 165-177
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Tsutomu Saito (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Construction College, 187, Kodaira-shi Tokyo, Japan