Industrial exposure to arsenic
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The normal levels of arsenic in human tissue are reported together with the arsenic concentrations found in the investigation of a large number of industrial exposure incidents. These results are useful for establishing that industrial exposure has taken place and for confirming arsenic poisoning but they cannot be used realistically to predict that any person or group will suffer a visible deterioration in health because no correlation between arsenic contamination and symptoms can be made. Industrial workers who are affected by arsenic exposure are often no more exposed than their co-workers.
- A. A. SCHROEDER, J. J. BALASSA, J. Chron. Dis., 19 (1966) 85. CrossRef
- J. GLAISTER, The Power of Poison, Christopher Joseph, London, 1954.
- B. A. FOWLER, Toxicology of Trace Elements, R. A. GOYER, M. A. MEHLAN, (Eds) Wiley, New York, 1977, p. 109.
- D. HUNTER, The Diseases of Occupation, Little Brown, Boston, 1969.
- L. S. SNEGIREFF, O. M. LOMBARD, Arch. Ind. Hyg. Occup. Med., 4, (1951) 199.
- A. M. LEE, F. R. FRAUMENI, J. Nat. Cancer Inst., 42 (1969) 1045.
- H. A. WALDRON, Lecture Notes on Occupational Medicine, Blackwell Scientific, Oxford, 1976.
- Annual Report H. M. Chief Inspector of Factories 1969, H.M.S.O., London, 1970.
- S. S. SANDHU, Analyst, 101 (1976) 856. CrossRef
- J. AGGETT, A. C. ASPELL, Analyst 101 (1976) 341. CrossRef
- J. FORSBERG, J. W. P'LAUGHTEN, R. G. MEGARGLE, S. R. KOIRTYOHANN, Anal. Chem., 47 (1975) 1586. CrossRef
- H. SMITH, Anal. Chem., 31 (1959) 1363. CrossRef
- D. F. COVELL, Anal. Chem., 31 (1959) 1785. CrossRef
- J. E. CLAY, I. M. DALE, J. D. CROSS, J. Soc. Occup. Med., 27 (1977) 102.
- H. SMITH, J. Forens. Sci. Soc., 4 (1964) 192. CrossRef
- R. LANGLEY, Practical Statistics Simply Explained, Dover Publications, New York, 1970.
- Industrial exposure to arsenic
Journal of Radioanalytical Chemistry
Volume 48, Issue 1-2 , pp 197-208
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors