A new method of sequential sampling to classify populations relative to a critical density
- Syun’iti Iwao
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A method of sequential sampling for grading population level in relation to a critical density is proposed. The method is based on the \(\mathop m\limits^* - m\) relationship and can be used without restrictions on the distribution patterns. The formulae for simple random sampling as well as for two-stage sampling are given.
- Gonzalez, D. (1970) Sampling as a basis for pest management strategies.Tall Timbers Conf. on Ecological Animal Control by Habitat Management 2: 83–101.
- Iwao, S. (1968) A new regression method for analyzing the aggregation pattern in animal populations.Res. Popul. Ecol. 10: 1–20.
- Iwao, S. (1972) Application of the \(\mathop m\limits^* - m\) method to the analysis of spatial patterns by changing the quadrat size.Res. Popul. Ecol. 14: 97–128.
- Iwao, S. andE. Kuno (1968) Use of the regression of mean crowding on mean density for estimating sample size and the transformation of data for the analysis of variance.Res. Popul. Ecol. 10: 210–214.
- Iwao S. andE. Kuno (1971) An approach to the analysis of aggregation pattern in biological populations. InStatistical Ecology, vol. 1 (ed. by G. P. Patilet al.), pp. 461–513 Penn. State Univ. Press, University Park and London.
- Kuno, E. (1969) A new method of sequential sampling to obtain the population estimates with a fixed level of precision.Res. Popul. Ecol. 11: 127–136. CrossRef
- Kuno, E. (1972) Some notes on populations estimation by sequential sampling.Res. Popul. Ecol. 14: 58–73.
- McGuire, J. U., T. A. Brindley andT. A. Bancroft (1957) The distribution of European corn borer larvaePyrausta nubilalis in field corn.Biometrics 13: 65–78. CrossRef
- Oakland, G. B. (1950) An application of sequential analysis to whitefish sampling.Biometrics 6: 59–67. CrossRef
- Pieters, E. P. andW. L. Sterling (1974) A sequential sampling plan for the cotton fleahopper,Pseudatomoscelis seriatus.Environ. Ent. 3: 102–106.
- Silvester, E. S. andE. L. Cox (1961) Sequential plans for sampling aphids on sugar beets in Kern County, California.Journ. Econ. Ent. 54: 1080–1085.
- Wald, A. (1945) Sequential tests of statistical hypotheses.Ann. Math. Statis. 16: 117–186.
- Waters, W. E. (1955) Sequential sampling in forest insect surveys.Forest Sci. 1: 68–79.
- A new method of sequential sampling to classify populations relative to a critical density
Researches on Population Ecology
Volume 16, Issue 2 , pp 281-288
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Syun’iti Iwao (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Laboratory of Applied Entomology and Nematology Faculty of Agriculture, Nagoya University, Chikusa, 464, Nagoya, Japan