Simultaneous GC determination of turpentine, camphor, menthol and methyl salicylate in a topical analgesic formulation (Dologex®)
- E. González-PeñasAffiliated withDepartamento de Química Orgánica y Farmacéutica. Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Navarra
- , M. López-AlvarezAffiliated withDepartamento de Química Orgánica y Farmacéutica. Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Navarra
- , F. Martínez de NarvajasAffiliated withLaboratorios CINFA S.A.
- , A. UrsúaAffiliated withLaboratorios CINFA S.A.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A gas chromatographic assay has been developed for the simultaneous quantitative determination of turpentine, camphor, methol and methyl salicylate in a topical formualtion (Dologex®). Eucalyptol was used as the internal standard. Compounds were separated on a cross-linked 5% phenyl polydimethylsiloxane capillary column and detected by FID. The method was validated on the basis of selectivity, recovery, linearity, precision and accuracy. Calibration graphs were linear for each analyte in the range studied. Intra and inter-day precision (coefficient of variation,CV) did not exceed 2%. The applicability of the method was demonstrated in a stability study of these compounds in samples of the formulation which had been maintained under different temperature conditions for six months.
Key WordsGas chromatography Turpentine Camphor Methol Methyl salicylate
- Simultaneous GC determination of turpentine, camphor, menthol and methyl salicylate in a topical analgesic formulation (Dologex®)
Volume 52, Issue 3-4 , pp 245-248
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Vieweg Verlag
- Additional Links
- Gas chromatography
- Methyl salicylate
- Industry Sectors