Optimization of conditions for the liquid chromatographic-electrospray lonization-mass spectrometric analysis of amnesic shellfish poisoning toxins
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this paper we report results obtained from analysis of domoic acid and its analogues, toxins responsible for incidents of amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP) in several places world-wide, by use of liquid chromatography coupled with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Different chromatographic and mass spectrometry conditions were evaluated with the aim of achieving the best chromatographic performance combined with the optimum mass spectrometric response. From the results obtained it can be concluded that LC-MS is powerful tool for the selective and sensitive determination of domoic acid and its isomers in naturally contaminated samples.
- Bates, S.S.; Bird, C.J.; de Freitas, A.S.W.; Foxal, R.A.; Gilgan, M.W.; Hanic, L.A.; Johnson, G.E.; McCulloch, A.W.; Odense, P.; Pocklington, R.; Quilliam, M.A.; Sim, P.G.; Smith, J.C.; Subba Rao, D.V.; Todd, E.C.D.; Walter, J.A.; Wright, J.L.Can. J. Fish. Aqua. Sci. 1989,46, 1203–1215. CrossRef
- Quilliam, M.A.; Xie, M.; Hardstaff, W.R.JAOAC Int. 1995,78(2), 543–554.
- Quilliam, M.A. in D. Barcelo (Ed.),Applications of LC-MS in Environmental Chemistry, Vol. 59, Elsevier, Amsterdam,1996, 415–444.
- Quilliam, M.A.; Thomson, B.A.; Scott, G.J.; Siu, K.W.M.Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 1989,3(5), 145–149. CrossRef
- Lawrence, J.F.; Lau, B.P.Y.; Cleroux, C.; Lewis, D.J. Chromatogr. A 1994,659, 119–126. CrossRef
- Zhao, J.Y.; Thibault, P.; Quilliam, M.A.Electrophoresis 1997,18, 268–276. CrossRef
- Optimization of conditions for the liquid chromatographic-electrospray lonization-mass spectrometric analysis of amnesic shellfish poisoning toxins
Volume 53, Issue 1 Supplement, pp S231-S235
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Vieweg Verlag
- Additional Links
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Amnesic shellfish poisoning toxins
- Optimization of parameters
- Industry Sectors