Meet-distributive lattices and the anti-exchange closure
- Paul H. Edelman
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper defines the anti-exchange closure, a generalization of the order ideals of a partially ordered set. Various theorems are proved about this closure. The main theorem presented is that a latticeL is the lattice of closed sets of an anti-exchange closure if and only if it is a meet-distributive lattice. This result is used to give a combinatorial interpretation of the zetapolynomial of a meet-distributive lattice.
- G. Birkhoff,Lattice Theory, 3rd. ed., American Math. Soc., Providence, 1967.
- H. H. Crapo andG.-C. Rota,On the foundations of combinatorial theory Combinatorial Geometries, MIT Press, Cambridge, 1970.
- C. Greene andG. Markowsky,A combinatorial test for local distributivity, I.B.M. Technical Report No. RC5129 (November, 1974).
- R. P. Stanley,Combinatorial reciprocity theorems, Advances in Mathematics,14 (1974), 194–252. CrossRef
- R. P. Stanley,Ordered structures and partitions, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc., No. 119, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, 1972.
- G.-C. Rota,On the foundations of combinatorial theory, I. Theory of Möbius functions, Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie und Verw. Gebiete,2 (1964), 340–368. CrossRef
- Meet-distributive lattices and the anti-exchange closure
Volume 10, Issue 1 , pp 290-299
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Paul H. Edelman (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA