Alcohol synthesis over bulk aluminium-nickel-copper based catalysts from syngas
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The catalytic performance of bulk aluminium-nickel-copper based catalyst was investigated with regard to alcohol synthesis. It was shown that, in spite of forming methanol as the main product, these catalysts are promising for the production of higher alcohols. Higher activation temperature increased the production of higher alcohols. The change of the salt concentration decreased the selectivity, while the pH had basically no effect on the selectivity.
- P. Forzatti, E. Tronconi, I. Pasquon:Catal. Rev.-Sci. Eng.,33, 109 (1991).
- E.B. Pereira: PhD Thesis, Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon, France (1994).
- T. Hayasaka, Y. Obayashi, S. Uchiyama, N. Kawata.Chem. Letters, 1405 (1986).
- P. Chaumette, P. Courty, D. Durand, P. Granvallet, C. Travers: GB Patent 2158730 (1985).
- A.J.G. Cobo: PhD Thesis, Université Claude-Bernard, Lyon, France (1990).
- M.A. Fraga, E. Jordăo, A. J. G. Cobo:Proc. of 11 th Brazilian Congress on Chemical Engineering, p. 1134, Rio de Janeiro (1996).
- R.M. Bailliard-Letournel, A.J.G. Cobo, C. Mirodatos, M. Primet, J.A. Dalmon:Cat. Letters,2, 149 (1989). CrossRef
- W.H.H. Sachtler, R. Jongepier:J. Catal.,4, 665 (1965). CrossRef
- Alcohol synthesis over bulk aluminium-nickel-copper based catalysts from syngas
Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters
Volume 64, Issue 2 , pp 331-336
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Alcohol synthesis
- Ni−Cu alloy
- Industry Sectors