Postoperative long term chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A postoperative long term chemotherapy was carried out against stage IV gastric cancer with Mitomycin-C, Futraful and a plant polysaccharide, PS-K. The 2-year survival rate was 15 per cent in patients who received an intraoperative Mitomycin-C alone, while it increased to 34 per cent in those receiving the anticancer agents for a prolonged period. The postoperative long term chemotherapy is assumed to be an effective means of improving the therapeutical results of gastric cancer.
- Cruz, E. P., McDonald, G. O. and Cole, W. H.: Prophylactic treatments of cancer. The use of chemotherapeutic agents to prevent tumor metastasis. Surgery, 40: 291–296, 1956.
- Hattori, T., Mori, A., Hirata, K. and Ito, I.: Five year survival rate of gastric cancer patients treated by gastrectomy, large dose of mitomycin-C and/or allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. GANN, 63: 517–522, 1972.
- Horwitz, H., Wright, T. L., Perry, H. and Barrett, C. M.: “Suppressive” chemotherapy in bronchogenic carcinoma. A randomized prospective clinical trial. Amer. J. Roentgen., 93: 615–638, 1965.
- Inokuchi, K., Nakamura, T., Ienaga, S., Akiyoshi, T. and Ikeda, T.: Spleen and bone marrow shielding technique in intraoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer. J. Antibiotics, Ser, A., 19: 78–84, 1966.
- Karrer, K.: Importance of dose schedule in adjuvant chemotherapy. Cancer Chemoth. Rep., 56: 35–45, 1972.
- Kholdin, S. A., Deemarsky, L. Y. and Bavly, J. L.: Adjuvant long-term chemotherapy in complex treatment of operable breast cancer. Cancer, 33: 903–906, 1974. CrossRef
- Long, R. T., Donegan, W. L. and Evans, A. M.: Extended surgical adjuvant chemotherapy for breast carcinoma. Amer. J. Surg., 117: 701–704, 1969. CrossRef
- Miwa, K.: Therapeutical results of gastric cancer summed up by the research society for gastric cancer in Japan. Personal communication.
- Murakami, T.: The general rules for the gastric cancer study in surgery. Jap. J. Surg., 3: 61–71, 1973. CrossRef
- Nomoto, K., Yoshikumi, C., Matsumaga, K., Fujita, T. and Takeya, K.: Restoration of antibody-forming capacities by PS-K in tumor-bearing mice. GANN, 66: 365–374, 1975.
- Tsukagoshi, S. and Ohashi, F.: Protein-bound polysaccharide preparation, PS-K, effective against mouse sarcoma-180 and rat ascites hepatoma AH-13 by oral use. GANN, 65: 557–558, 1974.
- Postoperative long term chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer
The Japanese journal of surgery
Volume 6, Issue 2 , pp 54-59
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Gastric cancer
- Postoperative long term cancer chemotherapy (PLCC)
- Industry Sectors