Tempering of Widmanstätten ferrite in cooling steel castings
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The formation of Widmanstätten ferrite is not the goal of a technological process. On the contrary, it should be eliminated in order to avoid a decrease in the ductility of the steel. A detailed study of this structural component, which has no practical use, is often assumed to be unnecessary. At the same time, coarse-grain Widmanstätten ferrite makes it possible to use the range of magnification of a light microscope more efficiently for studying the mechanism of a shift γ→α transformation. The present paper is devoted to the variation of the properties and structure of Widmanstätten ferrite in the process of self-induced tempering that occurs in cooling of cast specimens of steel 20L.
- E. Gudermon,Special Steels [Russian translation], GNTI, Moscow (1959).
- I. I. Novikov,The Theory of Heat Treatment of Metals [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1974).
- A. P. Gulyaev,Metals Science [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1966).
- Tempering of Widmanstätten ferrite in cooling steel castings
Metal Science and Heat Treatment
Volume 40, Issue 1 , pp 23-26
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors