Seabed geotechnical parameters from electrical conductivity measurements
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Electrical conductivity measurements provide useful geotechnical information, particularly porosity data, and are well suited for use in conjunction with acoustic profiling techniques. A proposed conductivity measurement system for surveying the seabed is characterized by a towed inductive multifrequency probe operating underwater. It is integrated with a shipboard data acquisition and processing system.
- Keller, G. V., and Frischknect, F. C., 1986. Electrical Methods in Geophysical Prospecting. Pergamon Press, New York, 519 p.
- Archie, G. E., 1942. The electrical resistivity log as an aid in determining some reservoir characteristics. AIME Transactions, v. 146, p. 54–61.
- Boyce, R. E., 1980. Determination of the relationships of electrical resistivity, sound velocity, and density/porosity of sediment and rock by laboratory techniques and well logs from Deep Sea Drilling Project sites 415 and 416 off the coast of Morocco. In: Y. Lancelot, E. L. Wintere and others, Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project, v. 50, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., p. 305–318.
- Bennett, R. H., Bryant, W. R., and Keller, G. H., 1981. Clay fabric of selected submarine sediments: fundamental properties and models. Journal of Sedimentary Petrology, v. 51, p. 217–232.
- Hulbert, M. H., and others, 1982.In-situ electrical resistivity measurement of calcareous sediments. In: K. R. Demars and R. C. Chaney (eds.), Geotechnical Properties, Behavior and Performance of Calcareous Soil. ASTM, Philadelphia, p. 156–178.
- Kermabon, A., Gehin, C., and Blavier, P., 1969. A deep-sea electrical resistivity probe for measuring porosity and density of unconsolidated sediments. Geophysics, v. 34, p. 554–571. CrossRef
- Bouma, A. H., and others, 1971. Shipboard andin-situ electrical resistivity logging of unconsolidated marine sediments. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 1351, p. 254–259.
- Erchul, R. A., and Nacci, V. A., 1972. Electrical resistivity measuring system for porosity determination of marine sediments. Marine Technology Society Journal, v. 6, p. 47–53.
- Erchul, R. A., 1974. Ocean engineering applications for electrical resistivity techniques. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 2012, p. 733–739.
- Wang, M. C., Nacci, V. A., and Markert, C. D., 1976. Electrical resistivity method for marine sediment consolidation study. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 2623, p. 45–50.
- Jackson, P. D., Smith, D. T., and Stanford, P. N., 1978. Resistivity-porosity-particle shape relationships for marine sands. Geophysics, v. 43, p. 1250–1268. CrossRef
- Kutter, B. L., Arulanandan, K., and Dafalias, Y. F., 1979. A comparison of electrical and penetration methods of site investigation. Offshore Technology Conference, Paper 3488, p. 733–739.
- Smith, S. S., and Arulanandan, K., 1981. Relationship of electrical dispersion to soil properties. Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division Proceeding ASCE, v. 107, p. 591–604.
- Lambert, D. N., 1982. Submersible mountedin-situ geotechnical instrumentation. Geo-Marine Letters, v. 2, p. 209.
- Hood, P. J., 1983. How world exploration trends and developments were dominated by Canadian technology in 1982. Canadian Mining Journal, v. 104, p. 14–45.
- Seabed geotechnical parameters from electrical conductivity measurements
Volume 2, Issue 3-4 , pp 219-222
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links