Seabed geotechnical parameters from electrical conductivity measurements
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Electrical conductivity measurements provide useful geotechnical information, particularly porosity data, and are well suited for use in conjunction with acoustic profiling techniques. A proposed conductivity measurement system for surveying the seabed is characterized by a towed inductive multifrequency probe operating underwater. It is integrated with a shipboard data acquisition and processing system.
- Keller, G. V., Frischknect, F. C. (1986) Electrical Methods in Geophysical Prospecting. Pergamon Press, New York
- Archie, G. E. (1942) The electrical resistivity log as an aid in determining some reservoir characteristics. AIME Transactions 146: pp. 54-61
- Boyce, R. E. Determination of the relationships of electrical resistivity, sound velocity, and density/porosity of sediment and rock by laboratory techniques and well logs from Deep Sea Drilling Project sites 415 and 416 off the coast of Morocco. In: Lancelot, Y., Wintere, E. L. eds. (1980) Initial Reports of the Deep Sea Drilling Project. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., pp. 305-318
- Bennett, R. H., Bryant, W. R., Keller, G. H. (1981) Clay fabric of selected submarine sediments: fundamental properties and models. Journal of Sedimentary Petrology 51: pp. 217-232
- Hulbert, M. H. In-situ electrical resistivity measurement of calcareous sediments. In: Demars, K. R., Chaney, R. C. eds. (1982) Geotechnical Properties, Behavior and Performance of Calcareous Soil. ASTM, Philadelphia, pp. 156-178
- Kermabon, A., Gehin, C., Blavier, P. (1969) A deep-sea electrical resistivity probe for measuring porosity and density of unconsolidated sediments. Geophysics 34: pp. 554-571 CrossRef
- Bouma, A. H., and others, 1971. Shipboard andin-situ electrical resistivity logging of unconsolidated marine sediments. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 1351, p. 254–259.
- Erchul, R. A., Nacci, V. A. (1972) Electrical resistivity measuring system for porosity determination of marine sediments. Marine Technology Society Journal 6: pp. 47-53
- Erchul, R. A., 1974. Ocean engineering applications for electrical resistivity techniques. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 2012, p. 733–739.
- Wang, M. C., Nacci, V. A., and Markert, C. D., 1976. Electrical resistivity method for marine sediment consolidation study. Offshore Technology Conference Preprints, Paper 2623, p. 45–50.
- Jackson, P. D., Smith, D. T., Stanford, P. N. (1978) Resistivity-porosity-particle shape relationships for marine sands. Geophysics 43: pp. 1250-1268 CrossRef
- Kutter, B. L., Arulanandan, K., and Dafalias, Y. F., 1979. A comparison of electrical and penetration methods of site investigation. Offshore Technology Conference, Paper 3488, p. 733–739.
- Smith, S. S., Arulanandan, K. (1981) Relationship of electrical dispersion to soil properties. Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division Proceeding ASCE 107: pp. 591-604
- Lambert, D. N. (1982) Submersible mountedin-situ geotechnical instrumentation. Geo-Marine Letters 2: pp. 209-209
- Hood, P. J. (1983) How world exploration trends and developments were dominated by Canadian technology in 1982. Canadian Mining Journal 104: pp. 14-45
- Seabed geotechnical parameters from electrical conductivity measurements
Volume 2, Issue 3-4 , pp 219-222
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links