Buckling and post-buckling of annular plates on an elastic foundation
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
On the basis of von Kárman equations, the axisymmetric buckling and post-buckling of annular plates on anelastic foundation is systematically discussed byusing shooting methods.
- Zhu Zheng-you and Cheng Chang-jun, General mathematical theory of large deflection of thin plates with some holes,Acta Mechanica Sinica,2, 3 (1986), 278–288.
- Cheng Chang-jun and Lu Xiao-an, General mathematical theory of large deflection of thin plates with some holes (continued),Acta Mechanica Sinica,21, 2 (1989), 193–203. (in Chinese)
- Cheng Chang-jun and Zhu Zheng-you, The buckled states of annular plates,Scientia Sinica (Series A),29, 9 (1986), 954–956.
- Cheng Chang-jun. Duan Wei and D.F. Parker, Elastic instability of polar orthotropic annular plates.Int. J. Engng. Sci.,27, 2 (1989), 109–121. CrossRef
- Cheng Chang-jun and A. J. M. Spencer, Non-axisymmetric instability of polar orthotropic annular plates,J. Engng. Math.,23 (1989), 29–51. CrossRef
- Cheng Chang-jun and Lü Xiao-an, Buckling and post-buckling of annular plates in shearing I: Buckling; II: Post-buckling (to appear).
- Cheng Chang-jun and Yang Xiao, The existence of buckled states on a perforated thin plate,Proc. of MMM-3 (1989), 257. (in Chinese)
- Ramiah, G. K. and K. Uijayakumar, Buckling of polar orthotropic annular plates under uniform internal pressure,AIAA J.,12, 8 (1974), 1045–1050. CrossRef
- Codlington, E. A. and N. Levison,Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, McGraw-Hill (1955).
- Buckling and post-buckling of annular plates on an elastic foundation
Applied Mathematics and Mechanics
Volume 12, Issue 8 , pp 785-797
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- elastic foundation
- shooting method
- bifurcation solution
- asymptotic formulae
- post-buckling analyses
- Industry Sectors