Assessments of loads in the knee joint
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A method of gait analysis was used to estimate the loads in the knee joint. An analysis was made of the repeatability of the measurements for a group of 72 patients. Data from 418 patients were reviewed to show the variation with coronal angle of the knee of the loading.
- Ellis, M. I., Seedhom, B. B., Amis, A. A., Dowson, D. andWright, V. (1979) Forces in the knee joint whilst rising from normal and motorised chairs.Eng. in Med.,8, 33–40.
- Evans, P. (1979) The postural function of the iliotibial tract.Ann. Roy. Coll. Surg.,61, 271–280.
- Harrington, J. (1976) A bioengineering analysis of force actions at the knee in normal and pathological gait.Bio Med. Eng.,11, 167–172.
- Johnson, F. andWaugh, W. (1979) A method for routine clinical assessment of knee joint forces.Med. & Biol. Eng. & Comput.,17, 145–154.
- Johnson, F. andWaugh, W. (1978) Evidence for compensatory gait in patients with a valgus knee deformity. Proceedings of Vth CIBO Symposium, Brussels.
- Johnson, F., Wauch, W., Oborne, J. (1978) Results from gait analysis performed routinely on patients having a wide range of knee disorders. 6th International Symposium on External Control of Human Extremities, Belgrade.
- Johnson, F., Leitl, S. M. andWaugh, W. (1980) The distribution of load across the knee joint.J. Bone & Joint Surg.,62B, 346–349.
- Kettlekamp, D. B. andChao, E-Y. (1972) A method of quantitative analysis of medial and lateral compressions at the knee during walking.Clin. Orth.,83, 202–213.
- Lawrence, M. (1980) Goniometric assessment of tibiofemoral alignment.B. Med. Sci. Thesis, U. Nottingham.
- Mann, R. A., Hagg, J. L., Whit, V. andLidell, D., (1979) The initiation of gait.J. Bone & Joint Surg.,61, 232–239.
- Marquet, P. (1976)Biomechanics of the knee, Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Assessments of loads in the knee joint
Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing
Volume 19, Issue 2 , pp 237-243
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Force platform
- Gait analysis
- Knee joint load
- Industry Sectors