Non-invasive measurement method for hardness in muscular tissues
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Hasan, H. andMason, P. (1978) Pulse propagation in muscle.Phys. in Med. & Biol.,23, 917–927. CrossRef
- Hatta, I., Sugi, H. andTamura, Y. (1988) Stiffness changes in frog skeletal muscle during contraction recorded using ultrasonic waves.J. Physiol.,403, 193–209.
- JISC (1988) Radiation safety standards for laser products (JIS C 6802). Japanese Industrial Standards Committee, Japanese Standards Association, Tokyo, p. 3.
- Kato, M., Murakami, S. andMatsumoto, G. (1980) Measurement of stiffness of mammalian muscle by a newly developed instrument.Electroenceph. Clin. Neurophysiol.,49, 203–206. CrossRef
- Lambe, T. W. andWhitman, R. V. (1979)Soil mechanics, SI version. John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chap. 14, 212–216.
- Mason, P. (1978) Dy8namic stiffness and crossbridge action in muscle.Biophys. Struct. Mechanism,4, 15–25. CrossRef
- Schade, H. (1926) Gewebselastometrie zu klinischem und allgemeinärztlichem Gebrauch.Münch. Med. Wschr.,73, 2241–2246.
- Weiss, L. W. andClark, F. C. (1985) The use of B-mode ultrasound for measuring subcutaneous fat thickness on the upper arms.Res. Q. for Exerc. & Sport,56, 77–81.
- Non-invasive measurement method for hardness in muscular tissues
Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing
Volume 31, Issue 6 , pp 623-627
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Laser distance sensor
- Muscle contraction
- Muscle hardness
- Noninvasive measurement
- Pressure/displacement transducer
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Bio-Medical Engineering, Tokai University School of High Technology for Human Welfare, Nishino 317, Numazu-shi, 410-03, Shizuoka, Japan
- 2. Health Administration Centre, Aoyama Gakuin University, 4-4-25, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- 3. Department of Internal Medicine, Kitasato University, 1-15-1, Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
- 4. Fuji Bank Medical Centre, 1-5-5, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan