Product form in networks of queues with batch arrivals and batch services
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A product form equilibrium distribution is derived for a class of queueing networks in either discrete or continuous time, in which multiple customers arrive simultaneously and batches of customers complete service simultaneously.
- K. Bharath-Kumar, Discrete time queueing systems and their networks, IEEE Trans. Comm. COM-28 (1980) 260–263.
- K. Chandy and J. Martin, A characterisation of product form queueing networks, J. Assoc. Comp. Mach. 30 (1983) 286–299.
- H. Daduna and R. Schassberger, Networks of queues in discrete time, Z. Oper. Res. 27 (1983) 159–175. CrossRef
- W. Henderson, D. Lucic and P. Taylor, A net level performance analysis of stochastic Petri nets, to appear in J. Aust. Math. Soc. Ser. B.
- W. Henderson, C. Pearce, P. Taylor and N. Van Dijk, Closed queueing networks with batch services, Queueing Systems 6 (1990) 59–70.
- W. Henderson and P. Taylor, Insensitivity of processes with interruptions, J. Appl. Prob. 26 (1989) 242–258. CrossRef
- A. Hordijk and N. Van Dijk, Networks of queues, Proc. Int. Seminar onModelling and Performance Evaluation Methodology, INRIA, vol. 1 (1983) pp. 79–135.
- A. Hordijk and N. Van Dijk, Adjoint processes, job local balance and insensitivity for stochastic networks, Bull. 44th Session Int. Stat. Inst. 50 (1983) 776–788.
- J. Hsu and P.J. Burke, Behaviour of tandem buffers with geometric input and Markovian output, IEEE Trans. Comm. COM-24 (1976) 358–360.
- F. Kelly,Reversibility and Stochastic Networks (Wiley, London, 1979).
- G. Pujolle, On discrete time queueing systems, preprint, Dept. Comp. Sci., North Carolina State University (1988).
- G. Pujolle, Multiclass discrete systems with a product form solution, preprint, Laboratoire MASI, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris (1988).
- G. Pujolle, J. Claude and D. Seret, A discrete queueing system with a product form solution, Proc. Int. Seminar on Performance of Dist. and Par. Systems, Kyoto (1985).
- M. Rumsewicz and W. Henderson, Insensitivity with age dependent routing, Adv. Appl. Prob. 21 (1989) 398–408. CrossRef
- R. Serfozo, Markovian network processes with system-dependent transition rates, preprint (1988).
- M. Sidi and D. Segall, Structured priority queueing systems with applications to packet-radio networks, Performance Evaluation 3 (1983) 265–275. CrossRef
- J. Walrand, A discrete-time queueing network, J. Appl. Prob. 20 (1983) 903–909. CrossRef
- J. Walrand,An Introduction to Queueing Networks (Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1988).
- P. Whittle, Equilibrium distributions for an open migration process, J. Appl. Prob. 5 (1968) 567–571. CrossRef
- Product form in networks of queues with batch arrivals and batch services
Volume 6, Issue 1 , pp 71-87
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Baltzer Science Publishers, Baarn/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Batch services
- batch arrivals
- queueing networks
- correlated routing
- product form
- Industry Sectors