Existence of codimension one foliations with minimal leaves
- Paul A. Schweitzer S. J.
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Every smooth closed manifold of dimension 4 or greater that has a smooth codimension one foliation, has such aC 1 foliation whose leaves are minimal hypersurfaces for someC 1 Riemannian metric.
- Haefliger, A. (1980) Some remarks on foliations with minimal leaves. J. Differential Geometry 15: pp. 269-284
- Rummler, H. (1979) Quelques notions simples en géométrie riemannienne et leurs applications aux feuilletages compacts. Comment. Math. Helvetici 54: pp. 224-239
- [Sch]P. A. Schweitzer: Codimension one foliations without compact leaves, preprint (1990).
- Sullivan, D. (1976) Cycles for the dynamical study of foliated manifolds and complex manifolds. Invent. Math. 36: pp. 225-255 CrossRef
- Sullivan, D. (1979) A homological characterization of foliations consisting of minimal surfaces. Comment. Math. Helvetici 54: pp. 218-223
- Thurston, W. (1976) Existence of codimension one foliations. Ann. of Math. 104: pp. 249-268 CrossRef
- Existence of codimension one foliations with minimal leaves
Annals of Global Analysis and Geometry
Volume 9, Issue 1 , pp 77-81
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Mathematics, Boston College, 02167-3806, Chestnut Hill, MA, USA