Acid phosphatase polymorphism in a laboratory marsupial,Monodelphis domestica
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We gratefully acknowledge the support of NSF Grant DCB 8408233 (W. H. S.) and NIH Grant RR01602 (J. L. V.). Much of this work was carried out by the first three authors, who were undergraduate students supported in part by the RUI grants program of the NSF.
- Bender, K., Bissbort, S., Kuhn, A., Nagel, M., and Günther, E. (1985). Genetic variation of an acid phosphatase (Acp-2) in the laboratory rat: Possible homology with mouse AP-1 and human ACP2.Biochem. Genet. 241.
- Bennett, J. H., Hayman, D. L., and Hope, R. M. (1986). Novel sex differences in linkage values and meiotic chromosome behavior in a marsupial.Nature 32359. CrossRef
- Briscoe, D. A., Calaby, J. H., Close, R. L., Maynes, G. M., Murtagh, C. E., and Sharman, G. B. (1982). Isolation, introgression and genetic variation in rock wallabies. In Groves, R. H., and Ride, W. D. L. (eds.),Species at Risk: Research in Australia Aust. Acad. Sci., Canberra, p. 73.
- Harris, H., and Hopkinson, D. (1976).Handbook of Enzyme Electrophoresis in Human Genetics (ACP, EC 220.127.116.11) North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- Hollander, V. P. (1971). Acid phosphatases. In Boyer, P. D. (ed.),The Enzymes, Vol. IV Academic Press, New York, p. 449.
- Human Gene Mapping 9 (1987). Ninth International Workshop on Human Gene Mapping. Cytogenet. Cell Genet.46370.
- Oorschot, R. A. H. van, and VandeBerg, J. L. (1989). Genetic variation in adenylate kinase 1, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase, and glutamic-pyruvate transaminase in the marsupialMonodelphis domestica.Biochem. Genet. 27761. CrossRef
- Oorschot, R. A. H. van, VandeBerg, J. L., and Stone, W. H. (1990). Isozymes of marsupials: Implications for understanding mammalian evolution. In, Markert, C. L. (ed.),Proc. 6th Int. Congr. Isozymes A. R. Liss, New York (in press).
- Richardson, B. J., and McDermid, E. M. (1978). A comparison of genetic relationships within the macropodidae as determined from allozyme, cytological and immunological data.Aust. Mammal. 243.
- Samollow, P. B., VandeBerg, J. L., Ford, A. L., Douglas, T. C., and David, C. S. (1986). Electrophoretic analyses of liver neuraminidase-1 variation in mice and additional evidence concerning the location of Neu-1.J. Immunogenet. 1329.
- Sensabaugh, G. F. (1975). Genetic and non-genetic variation of human acid phosphatases. In Markert, C. L. (ed.),Isozymes I. Molecular Structure Academic Press, New York, p. 367.
- Stone, W. H., Samples, N. K., Kraig, E., and VandeBerg, J. L. (1987). Definition of Class I antigens of the MHC of a marsupial (Monodelphis domestica).Arch. Zootec. 36219.
- U.S. Department HHS (1985).Guide for the Care & Use of Laboratory Animals, NIH Publ. No. 85–23, Washington, D.C., p. 83.
- VandeBerg, J. L. (1983). The gray short-tailed opossum: A new laboratory animal.ILAR News 26(3):9.
- VandeBerg, J. L. (1989). The gray short-tailed opossum (Monodelphis domestica) as a model Didelphid species for genetic research.Aust. J. Zool. (in press).
- Acid phosphatase polymorphism in a laboratory marsupial,Monodelphis domestica
Volume 27, Issue 11-12 , pp 755-759
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links