The anion exchange behavior of Te and Sb
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The absorption behavior of Te and Sb in different oxidation states by anion exchange resins in hydrochloric acid medium has been studied. Distribution coefficients for Te(IV), Te(VI) as a function of HCl acid concentration (upto 3M HCl) have been determined. The absorbability for Sb(III) was noticed to be very high and could not be eluted out of the column using HCl as eluent. Sb(V) could be eluted quantitatively using 3M HCl. The present study clearly indicate that due to the EC/β+ decay of the parent isotopes117,118Te, the daughter nuclei117,118Sb are produced predominantly as Sb(III).
- Anthony, E., Muramatsu, M. eds. (1977) Radiotracer Techniques and Applications. Marcel Dekker Inc, New York
- Lambrecth, R. M. (1983) Radiochim. Acta 34: pp. 9-9
- L. F. Mausner, T. Prach, P. Richards, Radionuclide Generators, F. F. Knapp Jr., T. A. Butler (Eds). ACS Symp. Ser., Washington D. C., 1984, p. 77.
- Miller, D. A., Sun, S., Yi, J. H. (1992) J. Radional. Nucl. Chem. 160: pp. 467-467
- Das, S. K., Guin, R., Saha, S. K. (1994) App. Radiation Isotopes 45: pp. 1077-1077
- C. M. Lederer, V. S. Shirley, Tables of Isotopes, 7th ed., 1978.
- Faris, J. P. (1960) Anal. Chem. 32: pp. 520-520 CrossRef
- Kraus, K. A., Nelson, F. (1956) Intern. Conf. on Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy, United Nations 7: pp. 113-113
- Hahn, R. L. (1963) J. Chem. Phys. 39: pp. 3482-3482 CrossRef
- Ambe, S., Ambe, F., Saito, N. (1973) Radiochim. Acta 19: pp. 121-121
- The anion exchange behavior of Te and Sb
Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry
Volume 230, Issue 1-2 , pp 269-272
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors