Release and uptake of oxygen in mixed-conducting SOFC cathode materials measured by temperature-programmed methods
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Oxygen uptake and release in A1−aA′aB1−bB′bO3−δ perovskite-type oxides with A=La, Pr; A′=Sr; B=Fe, Mn, B′=Co was examined by means of temperature-programmed oxidation (TPO) and temperature-programmed reduction (TPR). The investigated powders were prepared by spray-drying and were annealed at 900 to 1300 °C. In the TPR profiles, two processes of oxygen release from these materials were observed. The first TPR peak was regarded as surface adsorption, while the second one was considered to result from oxygen bulk diffusion. The oxygen volumes involved and the activation energy for the oxygen diffusion were determined from the TPO and TPR profiles and varied between 0.53 and 2.2 eV for the ferrites and manganites, respectively.
- M. Lang, T. Franco, R. Henne, S. Schaper, G. Schiller, 4th European Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Forum, (A.J. McEvoy, Ed.) European Fuel Cell Forum, Oberrohrdorf, Switzerland (2000), 231–240.
- A. Ahmad-Khanlou, F. Tietz, I.C. Vinke, D. Stöver, in: Proc.Solid Oxide Fuel Cells VII (H. Yokokawa, S.C. Singhal, Eds.) The Electrochemical Society Proceedings NJ PV 2001-16, Pennington, (2001), 476–484.
- J.A.M. Roosmalen, E.H.P. Cordfunke, J. Solid State Chem.93, 212 (1991).
- D. Fraenkel, A. Levy, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans I,84, 1817 (1988).
- J.L. Falconer, J.A. Schwarz, Catal. Rev. — Sci. Eng.25/2, 141 (1983).
- P.A. Redhead, Vacuum12, 203 (1962).
- R. Kapoor, S.T. Oyama, J. Mater. Res.12, 467 (1997).
- D. Edwards, Surf. Sci.54, 1 (1975).
- C.-M. Chan, R. Aris, W.H. Weinberg, Appl. Surf. Sci.1, 360 (1978).
- P. Kontouros, R. Förthmann, A. Naoumidis, G. Stochiniol, E. Syskakis, Ionics1, 40 (1995).
- H. Ullmann, N. Trofimenko, F. Tietz, D. Stöver, A. Ahmad-Khanlou, Solid State Ionics138, 79 (2000). CrossRef
- K.S. Chan, J. Ma, S. Jaenicke, G.K. Chuah, J.Y. Lee, Appl. Catal. A107, 201 (1994).
- G. Kremenic, J.M.L. Nieto, J.M.D. Tascon, L. Tejuca, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. I81, 939 (1985).
- F. Tietz, Ch. Papadelis, D. Tsiplakides, A. Katsaounis, C.G. Vayenas, Ionics7, 101 (2001). CrossRef
- J.E. ten Elshof, M.H.R. Lankhorst, H.J.M. Bouwmeester, J. Electrochem. Soc.144, 1060 (1997).
- J.A. Kilner, R.A. De Souza, I.C. Fullarton, Solid State Ionics86–88, 703 (1996).
- J.E. ten Elshof, H.J.M. Bouwmeester, H. Verweij, Solid State Ionics89, 81 (1996).
- Release and uptake of oxygen in mixed-conducting SOFC cathode materials measured by temperature-programmed methods
Volume 9, Issue 3-4 , pp 189-194
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors