Adult scientific and technological literacy: A review
- R. A. Schibeci
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- ECKERSLEY, R. (1987)Australian attitudes to science and technology and the future. (A report for the Commission for the Future).
- GORDON, D. (1984) The image of science, technological consciousness, and the hidden curriculum.Curriculum Inquiry, 14, 367–400.
- HOLTON, G. (1985) The struggle for scientific maturity. In K. Hays (ed.)TV, science and kids; Teaching our children to question. Reading, Mass.: Addison-Wesley, 3–12.
- JONES, B.O. (1986)Living by our wits. Canberra: Canberra Publishing.
- LAYTON, D., DAVEY, A. & JENKINS, E. (1986) Science for specific social purposes (SSSP): Perspectives on adult scientific literacy.Studies in Science Education, 13, 27–52.
- LUCAS, A.M. (1982) Interactions between informal and formal science education. In J. Head (Ed.)Science education for the citizen. London: Chelsea College, 89–100.
- LUCAS, A.M. (1983). Scientific literacy and informal learning.Studies in Science Education, 10, 1–36.
- MAARSCHALK, J. (1986) Scientific literacy through informal science teaching.European Journal of Science Education, 8, 353–360.
- MILLER, J.D. (1983) Scientific literacy: A conceptual and empirical review.Daedalus, 112(2), 29–48.
- O'CONNELL, D.J. (1975) ‘Marcus Welby, MD’ as medical communication. In S.B. Day (ed)Communication of scientific information. Basel: Karger, 165–173.
- PELLA, M.O., O'HEARN, G.T. & GALE, C.W. (1966) Referents to scientific literacy.Journal of Reserach in Science Teaching, 4, 199–208.
- SCHIBECI, R.A., WEBB, J., ROBINSON, J. & THORN, R. (1986) Science on Australian television:Quantum andBeyond 2000.Media Information Australia, 42, 50–53.
- SHEN, B.S.P. (1975) Scientific literacy and the public understanding of science. In S.B. Day (ed)Communication of scientific information. Basel: Karger, 44–52.
- SITCO (Science, Industry and Technology Council) (1986)Education for science and technology. Perth: Western Australian Government.
- Adult scientific and technological literacy: A review
Research in Science Education
Volume 18, Issue 1 , pp 244-250
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links