Excitatory and inhibitory monosynaptic peptidergic transmissions in the Cns of the snailHelix pomatia
- N. I. Kononenko
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The results of an investigation of the properties of excitatory and inhibitory monosynaptic peptidergic transmission between identified nerve cells of the snailHelix pomatia are presented in this paper. It was demonstrated that stimulation of the presynaptic interneuron activates stationary and potentialand time-dependant ionic channels in the postsynaptic cells.
- L. M. Koval' and N. I. Kononenko, “New identified nerve cells of the snailHelix pomatia associated with the generation of pacemaker activity”,Zh. Vyssh. Nervn. Deyat.,42, No. 6, 1124–1131 (1992).
- N. I. Kononenko, “The effect of application to the soma of a bursting neuron of the snail of a factor modulating electrical activity”,Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,250, No. 6, 1490–1493 (1980).
- N. I. Kononenko, “Variability of the electrical activity of the RPal neuron of the snail”,Neirofiziologiya,13, No. 4, 398–405 (1981).
- N. I. Kononenko and O. N. Osipenko, “A monosynaptic pathway responsible for the generation of bursting activity in the RPal neuron of the snail”,Neirofiziologiya,19, No. 1, 20–28 (1987).
- N. I. Kononenko and O. N. Osipenko, “The postsynaptic mechanisms of the initiation of bursting activity in the RPal neuron of the snail under the influence of an interneuron”,Neirofiziologiya,19, No. 1, 28–36 (1987).
- W. B. Adams, I. Parnas, and I. B. Levitan, “Mechanism of longlasting synaptic inhibition inAplysia neuron R15”,J. Neurophysiol.,44, No. 6, 1148–1160 (1980).
- M. S. Ifshin, H. Gainer, and J. L. Barker, “Peptide factor extracted from molluscan ganglia that modulates bursting pacemaker activity”,Nature,254, No. 5495, 72–74 (1975).
- N. I. Kononenko, “Modulation of endogenous electrical activity of the bursting neuron in the snailHelix pomatia”,Neuroscience,4, No. 12, 2037–2054 (1979).
- N. I. Kononenko, “Role of exogenous and endogenous factors in bursting activity of a snail neuron”, in:Studies of Neuroscience. No. 13. Simpler Nervous Systems, Manchester University Press, (1991), pp. 270–289.
- N. I. Kononenko and O. N. Osipenko, “A study of the connection between the interneuron initiating pacemaker activity in a bursting neuron of the snailHelix pomatia”,Cell. Molec. Neurobiol.,6, No. 1, 177–190 (1986).
- N. I. Kononenko and O. N. Osipenko, “Inhibition of an identified snail postsynaptic neuron evoked by stimulation of a peptidergic interneuron initiating bursting pacemaker activity in another neuron”,Neuroscience,34, No. 1, 189–201 (1990).
- N. I. Kononenko and M. V. Storozhuk, “Dopamine inhibits transmission between the interneuron initiating pacemaker activity in a bursting neuron and the bursting neuron of the snailHelix pomatia”,J. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 99C, No. 2, 187–192 (1992).
- T. Pin and M. Gola, “Two identified interneurons modulate the firing pattern of pacemaker bursting cells inHelix”,Neurosci. Lett.,37, No. 1, 117–122 (1983).
- W. A. Wilson and H. Wachtel, “A negative resistance characteristic which is essential for the maintenance of slow oscillations in bursting neurons”,Science,186, 932–934 (1974).
- Excitatory and inhibitory monosynaptic peptidergic transmissions in the Cns of the snailHelix pomatia
Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology
Volume 24, Issue 2 , pp 203-208
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers-Plenum Publishers
- Additional Links
- N. I. Kononenko (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. A. A. Bogomolets Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kiev