The transfer-grid method, a practical Moiré stress-analysis tool
- Felix Zandman
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A practical and simple moiré stress-analysis technique is described. The grid is applied to any part by a transfer method, like a decal, not necessitating mechanical engraving or photoetching nor any special environmental care. The moiré fringes are observed remotely from the part without master contact. This is done through the use of a projection device and a master held in a plane where the projected image of the working grid is formed. Limitations of the method, as well as its applications, are discussed.
- Theocaris, P. S., “The Moiré Method in Thermal Fields,”Experimental Mechanics 4 (8)223–231 (August 1964).
- Sciammarella, C. A., “Thermal Stresses at High Temperatures in Stell Rings by the Moiré Method,”Experimental Mechanics 6 (5)235–243 (May 1966).
- The transfer-grid method, a practical Moiré stress-analysis tool
Volume 7, Issue 7 , pp 19A-22A
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Felix Zandman (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., Malvern, Pa