Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Usual interpretation of brittle-coating patterns may be erroneous in cases when two large compressive stresses are present. This note deals with a study of the mechanism of the coating cracking under those conditions. An example illustrating the situation is given.
- Galletly, G. D. andReynolds, T. E., “A Simple Extension of Southwell’s Method for Determining the Elastic General Instability Pressure of Ring-Stiffened Cylinders Subject to External Hydrostatic Pressure,”Proc. SESA,VIII(2),141–152 (1956).
- Horton, W. H. and Craig, J. I., “Experimental Studies of the Effect of General Imperfections on the Elastic Stability of Thin Shells,” Israel J. Tech.,7,(1–2), 91.
- Kaminski, B. E. andAshton, J. E., “Diagonal Tension Behavior of Boron-Epoxy Shear Panels,”J. Composite Matls.,5,553 (1971).
- Brittle-coating-patterns evaluation
Volume 14, Issue 8 , pp 323-330
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. the Civil and Mechanical Engineering Department, The Catholic University of America, 20017, Washington, DC
- 2. School of Civil Engineering, University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Yugoslavia
- 3. Civil and Mechanical Engineering Department, The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC