Three-dimensional displacement measurements using digital image correlation and photogrammic analysis
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The application of digital image correlation and stereoscopic principles is used to determine three-dimensional displacements. Two pairs of stereo images of a speckled surface before and after deformation are digitized and correlated to determine the three-dimensional displacements. The images are interpolated so as to account for subpixel displacements. A sequential decision technique and a coarsefine search are employed to increase computer efficiency and decrease run time. Very accurate results are obtained, expecially when the magnification is increased. The effect of camera tilt is shown to be negligible. Theory and experimental verification are presented.
- Schaeffel, J.A., Ranson, W.F. andSwinson, W.F., “Acoustical-speckle Interferometry,”Experimental Mechanics,20 (4),109–117 (April1980).
- Schaeffel, J.A. et al., Ibid. “.
- Chu, T.C., “Digital Image Correlation Method in Experimental Mechanics,” PhD Diss., Univ. of South Carolina (Dec. 1982).
- Chu, T.C., Ranson, W.F. andSutton, M.A., “Applications of Digital-Image-Correlation Techniques to Experimental Mechanics,”Experimental Mechanics,25 (3),232–244 (Sept.1985).
- Peters, W.H., Ranson, W.F., Sutton, M.A. and Chu, T.C., “Applications of Digital Correlation Methods to Rigid Body Mechanics,” Opt. Eng.,22 (6),(Nov. 1983).
- Peters, W.H. andRanson, W.F., “Digital Imaging Techniques in Experimental Stress Analysis,”Opt. Eng.,21 (3),427–432 (1982).
- Chu, T.C., Peters, W.H., Ranson, W.F. and Sutton, M.A., “Digital Image Processing of Finite Deformations,” Engineering Application of Optical Methods, Proc. 1983 SESA Spring Conf., 223–227 (May 1983).
- Emmett, A., “Stereodigitize of Measurements of Auto Parts,”Comp. Graphics World,8 (10),33–38 (Oct.1985).
- Klaus, B. andHorn, P., Robot Vision, The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA (1986).
- Nevatia, R., Machine Perception, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1982).
- Kahn-Jetter, Z.L., “Stereoscopic Principles Using Digital Image Correlation for Three-Dimensional Displacements,” PhD Diss., Polytechnic Univ. (Aug. 1987).
- Kahn-Jetter, Z.L., Ibid. “Stereoscopic Principles Using Digital Image Correlation for Three-Dimensional Displacements,” PhD Diss., Polytechnic Univ. (Aug. 1987).
- Wu, M.J., “Image Correlation and Image Display with Graphics and Pseudocolor Using Microcomputer,” MS Thesis, Polytechnic Univ. of New York (May 1984).
- Three-dimensional displacement measurements using digital image correlation and photogrammic analysis
Volume 30, Issue 1 , pp 10-16
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors