Vibration analysis of plates by real-time stroboscopic holography
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The application of time-averaged holography to the analysis of vibrating surfaces is now a widespread and very powerful experimental technique. However, the realtime method of exactly superimposing the reconstructed static image on the vibrating object and observing the resulting fringe patterns under stroboscopic illumination is becoming more common. In fact, by introducing an initial family of interference fringes by the rotation of the object (or image) before vibration begins, the advantages of both methods are combined.
- Powell, R. L. andStetson, K. A., “Interferometric Vibration Analysis by Wave-front Reconstruction,”J. of the Opt. Soc. of Am.,55 (12),1593–1598 (1965).
- Stetson, K. A. andPowell, R. L., “Interferometric Hologram Evaluation and Real-Time Vibration Analysis of Diffuse Objects,”J. of the Opt. Soc. of Am.,55 (12),1694–1695 (1965).
- Stetson, K. A. andPowell, R. L., “Hologram Interferometry,”J. of the Opt. Soc. of Am.,56 (9),1161–1166 (1966).
- Archbold, E. andEnnos, A. E., “Observation of Surface Vibration Modes by Stroboscopic Hologram Interferometry,”Nature, London,217,942–943 (1968).
- Archbold, E. and Ennos, A. E., “Techniques of Hologram Interferometry for Engineering Inspection and Vibration Analysis,” Proc. Symp. Eng. Uses of Holography, Univ. of Strathclyde, Glasgow (1968).
- Zaidel, A. N. et al., “Holographic Strobe Method for Studying Vibrations,”J. of Soviet Phys.-Technical Physics,13 (10),1470–1473 (1969).
- Mayer, G. M., “Vibration Phase Measurement of Rotation-Strobe Holography,”J. of Appl. Phys.,40 (7),2863–2866 (1969). CrossRef
- Aleksoff, C. C., “Time Average Holography Extended,”Appl. Phys. Letters,14 (1),23–24 (1969). CrossRef
- Neumann, D. B., Jacobson, C. F. andBrown, G. M., “Holographic Technique for Determining the Phase of Vibrating Objects,”J. of Appl. Opt.,9 (6),1357–1362 (1970).
- Vibration analysis of plates by real-time stroboscopic holography
Volume 13, Issue 8 , pp 339-344
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors