Digital image correlation using Newton-Raphson method of partial differential correction
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Digital image correlation is finding wider use in the field of mechanics. One area of weakness in the current technique is the lack of available displacement gradient terms. This technique, based on a coarse-fine search method, is capable of calculating the gradients. However the speed at which it does so has prevented widespread use. Presented in this paper is the development and limited experimental verification of a method which can determine displacements and gradients using the Newton-Raphson method of partial corrections. It will be shown that this method is accurate in determining displacements and certain gradients, while using significantly less CPU time than the current coarse-fine search method.
- Peters, W.H. andRanson, W.F., “Digital Imaging Techniques in Experimental Stress Analysis,”Opt. Eng.,21,427–431 (May 1982).
- Chu, T.C., Peters, W.H., Ranson, W.F. and Sutton, M.A., “Application of Digital Correlation Methods to Rigid Body Mechanics,” Proc. 1982 Fall Meeting of SESA, 73–77 (Nov. 1982).
- Sutton, M.A., Cheng, M., Peters, W.H., Chao, Y.J. andNcNeill, S.R., “Application of an Optimized Digital Correlation Method to Planar Deformation Analysis,”Image and Vision Computing,4 (3),143–150 (Aug. 1986). CrossRef
- Sutton, M.A., Wolaters, W.J., Peters, W.H., Ranson, W.F. and McNeill, S.R., “Determination of Displacements using an Improved Digital Correlation Method,” Computer Vision, 133–139 (Aug. 1983).
- Sutton, M.A., McNeill, S.R., Jang, J. andBabai, M.K., “Effects of Subpixel Image Restoration on Digital Correlation Error,”Opt. Eng.,27 (10),870–877 (1988).
- Segalman, D.J., Woyak, D.B. andRowlands, R.E., “Smooth, Spline-like Finite Element Differentiation of Full Field Experimental Data over Arbitrary Geometry,”Experimental Mechanics,19 (12),429–437 (1979). CrossRef
- Chambless, D., Suhling, J., Swinson, W. and Turner, J., “A New Hybrid Photoelastic-Finite Element Technique for Stress Analysis,” Proc. 1986 Spring SEM Conf. on Exp. Mech., 991–999 (1986).
- Digital image correlation using Newton-Raphson method of partial differential correction
Volume 29, Issue 3 , pp 261-267
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors