Two-dimensional electronic-speckle-pattern interferometry and concrete-fracture processes
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Electronic-speckle-pattern interferometry (ESPI) is an optical nondestructive testing technique. A two-dimensional in-plane displacement sensitive interferometer was designed to observe progressive development of microcracking of carbon-fiber-reinforced concrete specimens subjected to tension. By using the two-dimensional ESPI system, the fracture processes, crack initiation and crack propagation of concrete specimens were monitored qualitatively and in real time. The displacement and strain fields were analyzed quantitatively by using digital image processing techniques.
- Cedolin, L., Dei, P.S., Lovi, I. (1987) Tensile Behavior of Concrete. J. Eng. Mech., ASCE 113: pp. 431-449
- Kobayashi, A.S., Hawkins, N.M. and Bradt, R.C., “Fracture Process Zone in Concrete and Ceramics—A Matter of Scaling”, Toughening Mechanics in Quasi-Brittle Materials (NATO Advanced Research Workshop Proc.), ed. S.P. Shah, 39–51 (1990).
- Miller, R.A., Shah, S.P., Bjelkhagen, H.I. (1988) Crack Profiles in Mortar Measured by Holographic Interferometry. Experimental Mechanics 28: pp. 388-394 CrossRef
- Mobasher, B., Castro, A., Shah, S.P. (1990) A Study of Fracture in Fiber-Reinforced Cement-Based Composites using Laser Holographic Interferometry. Experimental Mechanics 30: pp. 286-294 CrossRef
- Castro, A., Jia, Z. and Shah, S.P., “Evaluation of Damage in Brazilian Test using Holographic Interferometry”, Engineering Mechanics, ed. L.D. Lutes and J.M. Niedzwecki, 612–615 (1992).
- Castro, A., Jia, Z. and Shah, S.P., “A Study of the Mixed Mode Fracture using Disk Specimen”, Fracture Mechanics of Concrete Structures, ed. Z., Bazant, 701–706 (1992).
- Maji, A.K., Wang, J.L. (1992) Experimental Study of Fracture Processes in Rock. Rock Mech. and Rock Eng. 25: pp. 25-47
- Løkberg, O.J. (1980) Electronic Speckle Pattern Interferometry. Phys. Tech. 3: pp. 16-22
- Hansen, E.A., “Real time TV-Holographic Observations of the Fracture Process Zone”, Micromechanics of Fracture of Quasi-Brittle Materials, ed. S.P., Shah, S.E. Swartz and M.L. Wang, 504–513 (1991).
- Gulker, G., Hinsch, K., Holscher, C., Kramer, A., Neunaber, H. (1990) Electronic Speckle Pattern Interferometry System for in situ Deformation Monitoring on Buildings. Opt. Eng. 29: pp. 816-820
- Raiss, M.E., Dougill, J.W., Newman, J.B. (1990) Development of Fracture Process Zones in Concrete. Magazine of Concrete Res. 42: pp. 193-202
- Steffler, E.A., May, G.B. and Epstein, J.S., “Energy Dissipation Processes Affecting Crack Growth in Quasi Brittle Material” Rock Mechanics, ed. Tillerson and Wawersik, 837–846 (1992).
- Jones, R. and Wykes, C., “Holographic and Speckle Interferometry”, Cambridge Univ. Press (1989).
- Abramson, N., The Making and Evaluation of Holograms, Academic Press (1981).
- Two-dimensional electronic-speckle-pattern interferometry and concrete-fracture processes
Volume 34, Issue 3 , pp 262-270
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors