A critical review of elaboration theory
- Brent WilsonAffiliated withUniversity of Colorado at Denver
- , Peggy ColeAffiliated withUniversity of Colorado at Denver
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
In this article the authors examine elaboration theory (ET), a model for sequencing and organizing courses which was developed by Charles Reigeluth and associates in the late 1970s. The purpose of the article is to offer a critique of ET based on recent cognitive research and to offer suggestions for updating the model to reflect new knowledge.
Commentary by Charles Reigeluth follows this article.
- A critical review of elaboration theory
Educational Technology Research and Development
Volume 40, Issue 3 , pp 63-79
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors