An index of factorial simplicity
- Henry F. Kaiser
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An index of factorial simplicity, employing the quartimax transformational criteria of Carroll, Wrigley and Neuhaus, and Saunders, is developed. This index is both for each row separately and for a factor pattern matrix as a whole. The index varies between zero and one. The problem of calibrating the index is discussed.
- Carroll, J. B. An analytical solution for approximating simple structure in factor analysis.Psychometrika, 1953,18, 23–38.
- Saunders, D. R. An analytic method for rotation to orthogonal simple structure.American Psychologist, 1953,8, 428 (Abstract).
- Wrigley, C. & Neuhaus, J. O. The quartimax method: An analytical approach to orthogonal simple structure.British Journal of Statistical Psychology, 1954,7, 81–91.
- An index of factorial simplicity
Volume 39, Issue 1 , pp 31-36
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Henry F. Kaiser (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University Of California, Berkeley, USA
- 2. United States Coast Guard Academy, USA