Factor analysis of dichotomized variables
- Anders Christoffersson
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An approach for multiple factor analysis of dichotomized variables is presented. It is based on the distribution of the first and second order joint probabilities of the binary scored items. The estimator is based on the generalized least squares principle. Standard errors and a test of the fit of the model is given.
- Anderson, T. W., Rubin, M. Statistical inference in factor analysis. In: Neyman, J. eds. (1956) Proceedings of the Third Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability. University of California, Berkeley, pp. 111-150
- Andersson, C. G., Christoffersson, A. & Muthén, B. FADIV. A computer program for factor analysis of dichotomized variables. Research Report 74-1, Uppsala University, Statistics Department, 1974.
- Bock, R. D., Lieberman, M. (1970) Fitting a response model for n dichotomously scored items. Psychometrika 35: pp. 179-197
- Comber, L. C., Keeves, P. (1973) Science education in nineteen countries. Almqvist & Wiksell, Stockholm
- Jöreskog, K. G. UMLFA: A computer program for unrestricted maximum likelihood factor analysis.Educational Testing Service Research Memo RM-66-20, 1967. Princeton, N. J.
- Jöreskog, K. G. (1970) A general method for analysis of covariance structures. Biometrika 57: pp. 239-251
- Kendall, M. G. (1941) Relations connected with the tetrachoric series and its generalization. Biometrika 32: pp. 196-198
- Lord, F. M. (1968) An analysis of the verbal scholastic aptitude test using Birnbaum's three-parameter logistic model. Educational and Psychological Measurements 28: pp. 989-1020
- Lord, F. M. (1970) Item characteristic curves estimated without knowledge of their mathematical form—A confrontation of Birnbaum's logistic model. Psychometrika 35: pp. 43-50
- Lord, F. M., Novick, M. R. (1968) Statistical theories of mental test scores. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass.
- Factor analysis of dichotomized variables
Volume 40, Issue 1 , pp 5-32
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden